Home Chat General Chat

Camping Gaz

......i'll be away for the weekend camping with Mrs. Roberts and the kids.....i've decided to leave my speedo's, bike and trainers at home.

......i already feel overweight and unfit due to lack of training over the last few weeks.....camping = fried breakfasts and beer.....

......i'm going in the wrong direction.....

Here's the question....

....what is the effect of a week off training? How slower will i be over sprint distance? How much will it set me back? And all other questions of this type!?

Camping Gaz

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Not a lot... there is a bit of a curve, so after a week, or so things deteriorate, at a quicker rate. There is a page or two on it in Jack Daniels.

I note that you have failed to leave the computer at home.

For a moment there though, I thought that "Camping Gaz" would be a picture of you in a pink Kaftan with hoop earrings on. Maybe it is.

Anyway, a week off every 6 weeks or so, is probably a good thing.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Dont worry about it mate, a break does you a world of good.... both physically and mentally.

I recently had 10 days off swimming and in the first session back broke my PB over 100m by 2s ....now down to 1:17 in speedo's.....so a break will bring you back feeling fresh..

However, I am not promising you will come back and start doing PB's I will not be held responsible for any none-achievement of your PB's :) lol

Have a good trip away mate!
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    i am a sure you can find a lake nearby for a morning family swim! and then hire some bikes (they may not have aero bars though!), and then have a good long family walk/race the kids!!!

have a great time!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Enjoy Gaz - in all seriousness I think a break is good too..... not for you maybe but think of how much fun you can have with your kids. They'll love having dad about.

have a great time ( PS - I'm going camping with my lilttle lot soon - If you go anywhere really nice PM me where you went - I need some ideas)

• just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Best thing you can do! Took a week off and came back stronger than ever ... also great to get to see the family in the morning, as the usual routine invovles leaving the house at 5.30 am with the bike to go for a swim and/or run/commute to work. Great to do the 'regular' stuff for a week!