Home Chat General Chat

Am I ready?

diddsdidds Posts: 655
YES I AM!

First tri of the season tomorrow - Salisbury Sprint; 400m/19 miles/4 miles.

In fact, my first sprint tri. And only my second tri ever.

bag packed - check list from JF's "Your First Triathlon".

bag and bike in car.

car locked.

When I applied for the race, I had hoped to do around 8:45 for the swim (400m). So I put that down. In recent weeks though I haven't been getting close to that so emailed them last week to ask if could alter it to 9:45. No problem, I start 20 minutes earlier in a slower wave.

Went to the pool this evening this for a couple of 400ms just to turn the arms over and get the heart working a little.

Did one 400m effort and was REALLY happy with it... so called that it for the night so as not to use any energy up that could be used tomorrow.

In fact I was REALLY REALLY REALLY happy with my effort.

8:53

RACE ON!

didds

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    sounds like a good positive attitude to take to the start line.

enjoy the race and best of luck, i hope the weather stays stunning for tomorrow.

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Good luck, have fun.. and post back telling us all the gory details!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Probably too late for you too see, but good luck, go for it!

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    2:02:44 (self timed)

beyond my wildest dreams :-)

didds

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Didn't spot you there today. Well done on the time, it's always nice to be pleased with your time. I found it a little tough out there in the sun (they're saying it's the hottest day of the year so far), the first half of the run being uphill really didn't help me out.
    Hi Jibby... I hung around a while after I'd finished, and your bike was in transition but I had to get away by 11.15ish so missed you. I did mange to meet Matt though - really nice to meet you buddy.

Yeah - I found the second half of the run somewhat warm too... must have been hotter for you of course as you were out later than I was. And that first half of the run all uphill towards Old Sarum was a bugger though as you say. The finish line took me by surprise - about 500m earlier than i expected going on a description of "4 miles" !

hope your time was good and you had a great race.

didds

I finished at about 11:15 which probably explains why I missed you. I did have a good race thanks, new PB on the swim. Having got rid of the gremlins from my last tri the bike went well and I managed to hang on long enough during the run to finish in 1:39:59 according to the results I saw posted before I left.
    top results jibby! can't have missed you by much probably - shame. Good news on the swim PB!

didds

ps nice bike :-)
    jibby and matt... could you work out where the swim/bike and bike/run timings were taken? I presume the "swim" time in the provisional results on the website are for the exit door from the pool... but where do you think they took the time for the bike leg ... dismount line?

didds

Based on the times I recorded on my watch the timing points were at the exit to the pool and at run out, I recorded a 59min bike with both transitions just over 2 mins including the 220m run to/from the mount/dismount line, the time posted for me is 1hr 03.