Home Chat General Chat

I'm off to the pub

shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
I have had a great day.

i took part in the midlothian sprint tri and I felt I done really well with my time of 1hr 30m.

I was fourth out the swim - 16mins (750m) and then onto a quick transition and onto the bike. I could've done better on the bike.

NEWBIE ALERT - always check everything on your bike, including aero bars. I was cycling along and one of mine came out of its holders. Luckily I still had it in my hand but it was akward trying to cycle up a bloody hill, put the aero bar back in and lock it tight. prob lost a few mins. Cycle took me 45mins.

Well the run was a disaster, i read in 220 that the expression was bonked???? I was running along and bang nothing, nowt, not a drop. i was empty. Struggled along and it took me 30mins approx. I lost about 5mins stop starting etc so I was disasppointed in that respect.

However i did say that if I finished in 1hr 30 before the race then I would be delighted and I am. especially when I know had it not been for the run then i would've posted a better time. Still i'm still learning.

I will post a full report later but I'm going to the pub to meet a few mates and to celebrate the football results in scotland.... guess who I support???

PS - to those who read my thread about my running ability, I really need help but I didn't need my inhaler at all today..... dunno why.

Cheers

S11

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    glad to hear you had a good day and the asthma didn't rear its head!

1:30 sounds damn good to me, congrats - i think you've deserved that pint (hopefully in the sun, it is glorious here hopefully north of the border too).

• just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Great swim time and well done to the overall results. Fab that you did not need the inhaler!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    not a word of a lie, I could've done the swim a lot quicker.

I am just back from the pub and going to bed as I'm working tomorrow. Full race debrief tomorrow.

Good night
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    excellent result s11! fab swim and even with the aero probs and the bonking...you did exceptionally well! can't wait to hear the full report...nite nite
    Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.
    Official times:

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]101[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]Steven Mclean[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]114[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]Male[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]Senior[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]01:32:41[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]41[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]00:18:47[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]87[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]00:01:01[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]31[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]00:43:30[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]94[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]00:01:27[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]48[/size][/font][/right]

[font=tahoma][size=1][left]00:27:53[/size][/font][/left]

[font=tahoma][size=1][right]100[/size][/font][/right]

Have queried the swim time as I had my watch at the same time and its def wrong. If I get the time back then I move up 16 places.

not sure where I stand but I know its wrong.
  • gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    Nice one.

Doing well to run out of energy as far into the race as the run section. I've normally died a few times before then ;-)

I always feel ill, weak and not up to it when competing. Its because i aint naturally competitive by nature. So nerves set in. Am getting use to it now as i have competed in couple tri's, some 10k's, time trials and few road races. I always say to mayself as i am about to set off......why am i doing this to myself!! Then when the hammer drops and i get that burst of adrenaline i remember.

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Great result Shadowone1 :D - knocking 10 mins off your Pb is fantastic - looking forward to the next one now ;) ... great report too.

Thanks guys.

I queried my swim time and they have agreed that I was right. So my swim time is adjusted back to the 16min mark. Which drops my time back the 1hrs 30mins that I had on my watch.

Really delighted with it and I feel I can do better so here's hoping.

The only thing my next one is an open water swim so I'm expecting the time to be slower but you never know.

S11