Home Chat General Chat

goggles steaming up

Should my goggles steam up while swimming.

Comments

• gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    No.

But saying that, i have a cheap pair....that steam up. I just have to make sure i keep my face and goggles dry when putting on. They good for 20 mins or so then. There are products on the market but i cant shed any light on them.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Generally if the water is too warm then they will steam up. You can buy anti mist drops for the goggles that will stop it from happening.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Check out the "noddy question about googles" a few days ago.
  • Hillsy555Hillsy555 Posts: 19
    Try spitting in them, then rinsing them once. Also Baby Shampoo works. Again put a drop inside then rinse once.

Richard Stannard at the Triathlon Live show said that

Potato juice [8|] works but never tried that!!

The speedo anti fog definately works because I use that one.
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228

I spit, rub with thumb (no rinse)

Decent googles seam to perform better I always go for the £16-20 range. I think thats about as much as you can spend on a pair of googles (excluding open water models).

cheers
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Aquasphere anti fog does the job for me - works wonders in my Aquasphere Eagles.

• halfanironmanhalfanironman Posts: 129
    i use spit, and get to 30 lengths of a 25m pool. the i repeat.
  • Put some fairy liquid on some kitchen roll and rub it in. Then use a clean piece and wipe off the excess liquid. Should keep them mist free for a couple of uses.
  • nick041976nick041976 Posts: 6
    how the hell would Stannard find out that potato juice works?! Jersey Royals or King Edwards? You decide!
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    If you spit in them, you can risk scratching the lens with small 'grit' like particles in your spit.

All I do is rinse my goggles in the water im gona swim in, then before putting them on put your head under the water. This then gets your face and goggle used to the same conditions.

I use Aquasphere Kaimen or Cayenne Goggles and never have a problem with steaming up:)

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    PS..... I regularly swim over 150lengths in a pool with no probs and upto 5km in OW too:)