Home Chat General Chat

Which? How Much? Whats the difference?

BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
Hey forumites

I am looking for some experience/advice/help or even just thoughts here!

I need to buy a Tri-Suit (well thats not need but want) I have looked across the internet just to get some idea of what is out there and how much it costs! Short silence there while I regain composyre after remembering the prices!

I have looked at 2XU and seem to want then dark red elite suit.

I have also looked at ORCA and seem tio want the blue and black suit.

Lets throw some more in for good measure! Craft suits are apparently really good and there is also Ironman trisuits (cant bring myself to wear that until I am an Ironman!

Heres the one I think

[image]http://www.gearandtraining.com/gearntrain/assets/product_images/mt1000d.jpg[/image]

Any Ideas suggestions greatly recieved!

Comments

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I have the 2xu Endurance - very happy with it.

Choose a dark colour so when its wet you can't see through it.

G
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I've got the 2XU endurance trisuit and no problems apart from the washing label on the inside was rather annoying until I snipped it out.

Wish I'd got a different colour than black though as the amount of mid thirties balding men at Eton wearing the same was quite staggering! I thought I saw myself a number of times and the misses took loads of pictures of other people thinking they were me.

Zoot trisuits look alright as well, no experience of them, but they have pockets in the back which might be useful? Or annoying.

If I was in the market though, I'd go for the one you suggested! Definitely in RED!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I bought an Orca 226 recently and its very comfortable, plus its got plenty of ventilation at the back, which is good for me cause I'm such a sweaty git when I run.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    It has to be said I am not looking foward to trying these things on! I was a little embrassed the first time I wore my yti shorts. But these suits wont hide any lumps or bumps!!!

Is that why most people opt for black?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    If your going to get a trisuit get one that stands out,don't be like one of the others,your supporters will never spot you,something flourescent,okay,maybe not,lycra is not forgiving,and generally the cheaper the suit the less the support from the material,so more bumps will show.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    As an entry level suit I can't fault my Craft one (see action shot to the left). In fact all the Craft clothing I have is top notch.

Zip at the front allows a bit of ventilation if it gets too hot, 2 pockets at the back for gels etc (no noticable drag in the water) and good quality leg grippers. Plus it has red on it.