Home Chat General Chat

70.3 Wimbleball 2007 entries now open - GO GO GO

wicked...someone lend me a ton fifty til pay day

Comments

• peterparkypeterparky Posts: 59
    If your interested entries for the 70.3 Wimbleball 2007 are now open - good luck - i'm in aaaagggghhh!! Wheres that training log gone

http://admin.eventdirector.net/resources/IMUK/SITES/93/default.asp?PageID=2018

regards

Ian
  • nickjaywnickjayw Posts: 33
    Crumbs thats a lot of cash for a Half.
  • pacrfishpacrfish Posts: 266
    Well, I'm £150 poorer ... shame the 'entry list' still shows 2006 entries!!

Maybe us IT people should offer to sort out their database/website for them - how about it loonytoon??

• madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    feck how much .. would have hoped to get maybe 2 HIM for that ... is a lot to justify for one race !!!!!!!!!!
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    If you enter after december it goes up 2 170 because of the late fee...but will be 150 poorer as soon as I get paid ;)

there is weymouth which is probably less but I won't beable to stay at the inlaws for that one so will add hotel cost...

pat...maybe if we sort it out for them we can have free entry for life?
    Loonytoon - free entry for this year would help!

It does niggle a bit - you'd think that for £150 they could manage to clear the database, change the link or whatever is necessary - it can't be that big a job!!
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    how do pat ! - this better be worth £150 ... god the other things i could get ... how do i squeeze this one past Mrs Mad ... i suppose on the other hand there many worse things I could squander my money on ... will have to wait til end of the month - have london and helvellyn to get out of the way yet - can't see it selling out that fast surely.

phil
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    I'm wanting to do this, but unsure if I'll be in the country still.... argh the dilemma!

Will just have to see how things work out. But 2007 is definately the year for my first half IM!
    Pat - I reckon its gotta be worth £150 at least and by the looks of it, its gonna need doing every year...

--nurse

I am fairly sure its gonna be worth it...London is an expensive oly and I reckon its gonna be worth it also

Having a go at the beast of Exmoor has got to be worth a bit - and there was something special about that 'Ironman' magic. I've done the oly at Windsor, and been at the Trentham Big Half but somehow it's just not the same. I guess it's called marketing .....

Anyway, I've bribed mr pacrfish with the idea of 3 days away from the children .... works every time!

We stayed in a rather odd riding school this year, but a couple of friends camped on a nearby field for a very small fee and thoroughly enjoyed being 'on site' (but then they weren't doing it!!!)
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    Cheeky buggers have put it up, but it's worth it!

I wonder if they sercretly read the forums to see if another £15 can be squeezed each year?
    Lets hope the extra fee is used to improve bike security - although looks like my bike wasn't worth stealing!!

Anyway - I'm excited about it (or I will be, once I've got this stupid marathon out of the way!)
  • CenzoCenzo Posts: 91
    I know what you mean Pat, next year's planned out already.

Marathon, !/2 IM uk, couple of Olys, Cow Man & Sherborne, best warn the other half, although she may get bitten by the bug after her debut in London this Sunday :-)
  • pdundepdunde Posts: 99
    well think i may bite the bullet and go for it...ive only done a sprint and 3 olypmics but it will be my third season at it in 2007 and reckon thats a reasonable time to have a bash it 70.3, and if your going to do it, might as well do the best one around!!! Think the run will be painful but not too bad for me, as usual the swim has me sh:tting myself though [:(]!!!!

Might need a new saddle or a stainless steel set of balls for the bike ride as well!!!!
  • DaveDave Posts: 3
    Have entered, and already thinking about the best hills to find for the training. I to am in my 3rd year of tri doing 3 oly and 2 sprint so think also it time to move up. I must admit that I am also already thinking if the HIM is not as bad as I am expecting I might even consider the UKIM in August, but hey lets get the half over with first me thinks.
  • I am down for this bad boy, only four sprints under my belt however, 9 months of quality training should see me alright for this. [:)]
  • Hi all

For anyone who did this last year were there any decent campsites nearby ?

Good luck with the winter training everyone - soon be spring!

regards

Ian
    A couple of friends of mine turned up late afternoon on the Sat and got a space in the field right next to transition - half-way up the horrible hill on the run so they were able to make comments (sorry - support me) every time I walked (!) up!

Don't know how you'd contact the farmer tho, unless the Ironman office can help?