Home Chat General Chat

Pins & needles

This is my first post so please be gentle.[:)]

I started triathlons last year and completed my first sprint of the season on Sunday.

Unfortuatley i get pins & needles on the bike. I,ve tride loosening my shoes and moving toes and feet as cleats have float, but to no avail.

When i go through T2 it is like running on dead feet for the first 3K of the run.

Any help or pointers greatly recieved.

Cheers

Comments

• MGMG Posts: 470
    Get a profesional bike fit, it could be a host of different things, sadsdle height, saddle angle etc.......

I have tried a few saddles in last few years and have finaly gone with the Specialized tri tip, its the only saddle I've had where I'm still comfy after 100+mile rides.

• apana790apana790 Posts: 76
    If you have the money buy some of the more pricey shoes as the straps on those spread the load more equally. MInd you i still use an old pair of dhb shoes which i got for less than £40 and they feel fine even after 5hours+ in the saddle
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Sounds to me like your bike is not the correct fit. As MG siad get a bike fit done properly! Also check your cleats are postioned correctly if you are using them!
  • tri againtri again Posts: 2
    Cheers guys.

Sounds like a trip to the bike shop is next on the list.
  • I have exactly the same problem glad its not just me then.

pins and needles aswell as jelly legs after T2 makes me look like something out of fawlty towers.