Home Chat General Chat

Disappointed!!!!

bryanbryan Posts: 45
Sorry for this but need to unleash some frustration!!

competed last Wednesday in the F3 evening tri series first race. Just got the results today (thats not my gripe) but my time was shocking!!

Should have expected it as suffered with bad cramp over the run. By the way thanks to the SBR "guy," sorry didnt catch your name, who stretched it out for me!! My dilemma is you only get these problems through lack of prep and thats why I am miffed. More bike to run bricks for me. We all train too hard (most of the time) and it sucks when comng away from n event you know you could do better.

Anyways, roll on June 24th (i think) doing the humanrace evening event this time. Hope it goes a bit better

Sorry for the crapping on.

Thx

B

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    You might want to check your hyfration and food before and after if cramp was an issue! Apparently to much water can wash the lagtic acid into your muscle quickly.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    What I'd love to be able to say would be, don't ever be disappointed when you don't do as well as you think should were going to or should, especially if you are a novice, but I can't.

You're always going to be disappointed, but you just have to remember that with every race you learn, next time you will be faster that is the point of triathlon! If you went out in your 1st race and absolutely smashed the course record and everyone else it would feel a bit pointless (unless your adam bowden who seems to have gone straight from being an awesome steeplechaser to an awesome triathlete in the space of a few months!)

Good luck in the next race.