Home Chat General Chat

Tri suits VS Singlet and shorts

What should i get i'm just over a week away from my first race and tomorrow i'm going to buy something to race in what should i get.

Comments

• danthemandantheman Posts: 15
    I did my first one in tri shorts, but defo want to do my next in the full suit [:)]
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Got to go with the full suit (holds the belly in better)!

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I use a full tri suit - but it's far easier to pi55 in tri top and shorts.

G
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    I'd go for a onesie.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Nope bra top & panties for men..its the future I tell you.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    tri top and shorts due to ease of doing multiple loo dashes pre comp - the unspoken 5th discipline of triathlon
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    depends on the distance - a springt or olympic i would go for a 1 piece, any bigger where you will have pit stops (!) i go for a 2 piece
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    are tri shorts much different from cycling shorts

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    tri shorts padding not quite so thick and dry faster more comfortable to run in
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    One piece all the way.

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    MrSquishy wrote:

I'd go for a onesie.

I've changed my mind, go for seperate top & bottoms. I give you exhibit A... http://www.slowtwitch.com/photos/5/1275-large_faris_al_sultan.jpg
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Onepiece, just dont put it over the shoulders till just before the wetsuit goes on. Nothing worse then trying to squirm out of it in the portaloo for a last minute whiz.
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Onepiece seems best option for me - but make sure it fits properly otherwise you will be swinging away after the swim ...