Home Chat General Chat

Tri top

tomtristomtris Posts: 135
Hi all,

Prcatised transitions for the first time last night and struggled getting the tri top on properly without it wisting up.

Its a lycra sleeveless top with a zip that runs 3/4 of the way down. Putting it on over my head resulted in it twisting up at the back and had to spend time trying to untwist it. I found it easier to have it unzippied as much as possible and step into it, pulling over hips and putting arms through.

How does everyone else do it? or is it only me.....? ;)

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    imagine doing it wet as well! i'm not sure about the 1/2 or 3.4 zips being easy enough to get into (i struggle with them enough normally) so i either use a full zip or wear the tri-top in the water so i don't need to worry about putting it on in transition.

i think if the step-in works for you then i'd do that.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I used a full length zip top and it was easy!

I am now buying a tri suit even easier!!!

Its the beeing wet thing that makes it hard. Good luck!
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    thanks for replies....might as well swim in it hadn't I?
  • Yup definately swim in it... thats what they're for. It'll save you a lot of hastle in transition.

(wear it under the wetsuit if its an OW swim)
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Definitely put it on pre-race and wear it under the wetsuit. They are designed to dry quickly and the wind will help.

Saves faffing around trying to get a top on in transition. End up looking like a guy getting into the most lycra-based straight jacket ever otherwise![:D]
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Swim in it. Only difference between "tri top and short" and "tri suit" is that they aren't joined at the waist.

it's an outdoor pool swim, so no wet suit req'd. still ok to swim in it?
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    They are fine to swim in. Shorts and top are made of same material, and once you're on the bike and moving they dry out in no time at all.
    great, thanks gdh!