Home Chat General Chat

Lidl Wetsuits

fudge that for £20 its work a look

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    Have just heard that lidl not aldi are doing short wet suits next week for £19.99!!...anyone ever seen them before or bought them?...of course far too cheap to be classed as proper Tri kit..
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    See here:-

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090604.p.Neoprene_Shorty_Wetsuit.ar9

Looks not great really. 3mm all round. Would a wetsuit only race let you wear one?
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Jules wrote:

See here:-

http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090604.p.Neoprene_Shorty_Wetsuit.ar9

Looks not great really. 3mm all round. Would a wetsuit only race let you wear one?

I guess the question is...

"What is a wetsuit"/ Do BTF actually deinfie such a beast/

Of course, if the marshall/referee says it ain;t, then i guess it ain;t and there isn;t much you could do about it at that juncture!

didds

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I have the Asda short wetsuit (Osprey) and have to say that it is a brill bit of kit for twenty quid! Most importantly, you can swim in in, which is more than can be said for the expensive -but -not -triathlon wetsuit I have just borrowed from a friend!

Who needs snobbery? Just go for it!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Didds, Can I be disqualified for my wetsuit then? I was planning on waering my shorty to the Weymouth sprint next weekend, but don't want to be DNS!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Cheryl - just email the organisers and ask - can't see it been a problem -

That Lidl suit would probably be very good for summer sea swims so you don't overheat in a full wetsuit - at that price worth a go if just for summer training.

• diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Cheryl6162 wrote:

Didds, Can I be disqualified for my wetsuit then? I was planning on waering my shorty to the Weymouth sprint next weekend, but don't want to be DNS!

pthers have far more experience than I but AIUI if the event is a mandatory wetsuit race then you have to have a wetsuit.

Quite WHAT a wetsuit actually "is" is I guess completely up to the organisers.

At what juncture - for example - does a tri-suit become a wetsuit... is it a lycra v neoprene call (I am NOT suggesting a tri suit IS wetsuit FTR!!)? If its a neoprne call then why shoudn;t a LIDL £20 neoprene shorty count/

But the only person that can answer these questions are the marshalls on the day - I am guessing.

Does the BTF have a defiition of what consitutes a wetsuit?

maybe these are rhetorical questions?

didds