Home Chat General Chat

The luckiest person alive?!

JessterJesster Posts: 482
You've obviously been really really good. Actually, I'm pretty sure that they can spot an excellent employee when they see one!

Sounds really, really fab. And they are actually paying you as well!!

Comments

• JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Oh me oh my I am so jammy, I just have to share it.

I've just landed the cushtiest job! Looking after a couple of amazing horses (seventeen hands between my legs Cheryl!), job comes with a free flat over a coach house, all bills paid, a fantastic wage on top, time off for my own personal training business, time off to compete (triathlon and horses-they supply the horses!) 200 acres of estate to play in and......PRIVATE BEACHES!!! The estate is on the south coast of Cornwall. Open water swimming anyone??!!!

Anyone else this lucky? I'd love to hear of anyone elses tales of good fortune!! [:D]
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    did you shag in a former life to be this lucky? And do you have their number????
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Well, that sounds like a whole league apart from your new lifestyle Jesster, but I guess Ive had a lucky couple of years too. Competitions have yielded 2 trips with spending money, one to eurodisney and one to venice, a laptop, a timex watch, free entry to the dorney 3/4 last week and tagging along with a mate who won the training day with Tim Don. Hope it holds out for a bit longer.

Im feeling good today, just took 25sec off my 5km running PB at our local parkrun TT. After not going for months, must mean im doing something right.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I got a free hob nob from a patient last night [8|]
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    OMG...swap you!! Wow, that sounds fantastic - well done - am very jealous and certainly beats sitting in a stuffy old office all day long...if they need any helpers just let me know!! [:D] [:)] Plus am always happy to jump on a horse, particularly 17hands - only ever get to go out when I get home to N Wales!!

Enjoy the job!!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Despite being obviously jealous!!! I do apprecaiate it when people who work hard have some good come their way - well done.

Working within the welfare systen I could rant on about the ones (albeit in the minority) who are getting all sorts of money thrown at them e.g. 'I can't possibly work I have asthma' (as they take another drag on a cigarette) or 'I am so afflicted that I cannot possibly work and need constant care' and get Incapacity Benefit £89.90, Disability Living Allowance High Rate Care £70.10 they live with someone similarly afflicted getting the same money and the first person despite being unfit for work and requires a high degree of personal care claims that they are looking after the personal needs of the second person (yet can't look after their own personal needs!) and gets Carers Allowance of £53.10 and surprise surprise the second person who claims that they require help with their personal care says that they provide personal care for the first person and also gets £53.10 a week - oh yes and they also get their rent and council tax paid, free prescriptions etc. Or the same people live 100 miles apart but they see each other at weekends and that satisfies the 'providing care for 35hrs per week' rule. Yes, you try and figure that one out, 'I require constant attention but at weekends only!'

Sorry did I just come across as all bitter and cynical there?

Had a very hard week - almost resigned, had one bloke who said he couldn't possibly work as 'my lungs are like rice paper' scream down the phone at me for 5 minutes until I terminated the call.

Anyway - bloody good show - and I really do mean that Jesster, that is fantastic - be warned we are now expecting fantastic reports from you. Gosh, I am trying to visualise it, the only thing that's missing is the Lear jet on call.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    It sure sounds like a hard life jesster!!!

I've recently been given the reigns of the family business (keeping the horsey theme) out in Lanzarote which does come with a beach front villa, indoor pool with gym and steam room and the added bonus of year round sun and of course being the boss now I dont expect to have to do much work.

problem is it cost a bloody fortune to get 220 delivered out there and any bike bling is 3 times the price.

not sure if i could get 17 hands between my legs......

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    Jess girl, you are NOT lucky, you got it because [color=#ff0066]YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!![/color]

[color=#ffcc66][/color]

Seventeen hands between the legs? Makes my eyes water just thinking of it!! [;)]

Well done hun!!! xxxx
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Hear hear!
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    yes.
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    sitting here, suited and booted looking at teh same scenery (tower blocks) day in, day out, i have to say i'm insanely jealous.

That said congratulations all the same you must have been a bloody saint in a previous existence!!! Enjoy
  • Jesster wrote:
    seventeen hands between my legs

Naughty Naughty!!

What does that actually mean?

and congrats!!! Sounds epic!

• John DJohn D Posts: 11
    Depends on your viewpoint - working with horses would my view of purgatory
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Whip him Beany!!!! Er- maybe not; just you make sure you've got a spare 17 hands for next time I come down to visit ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Well done though; sounds fab for you and Milo xxxx