Home Chat General Chat

I HAVE THE BUG

anitaanita Posts: 27
I understand now, when people on the forum say they have the bug because I have it. I completed my first darlington tri ever and completed in 1.30. There was lots of apprehension on the day to how hard I push myself etc, but now I cant wait to do my next one and cant wait to challenge mysself to gtting a much better time which I know I can.

I am also seriously cconsidering an open water swim in July as well. Knowing I wont drown in my wetsuit lol. tHANKS TO ALL WHO GAVE ME ADVICE. I was thinking like a wussssssss bbut now have slapped myself out of this lol.

I have booked myself into 5 other tri events woooo hooooo. Its great having a challenge of a different kind.

Comments

• BobalovskiBobalovski Posts: 15
    This forum is the only place I know that one can proudly and publicly announce that they have a bug!...and yep, I've got it too and I love it[:D]

Lets hope no one finds a cure!!

Keep it up
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    There isnt a cure! You cant cure an addiction! And just think of the money you would have spent!!!!!!!!!

What would you do with the soreen in the cupboard!
  • spreading faster than the swine flu. I can gladly say i have THE bug too.
  • anitaanita Posts: 27
    lol, its certainly one bug I dont mind having lol.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Of course you have the bug - it is a law of nature. I am really surprised that entry forms do not give a warinng such as

'WARNING - you are about to enter an event that will change your life, make you talk constantly to your friends, work colleagues, dog, cat goldfish, strangers on buses, winos outside Jobcentres etc about your new bit of kit, bike, training etc, require you to keep your cheque book open, credit card details to hand/memorised/stored on your computer and then sell off heirlooms, furniture, spouse/partner, children and sundry relatives. You will smell of chlorine, Deep Heat and Ibuprofen gel, you car will smell like the insides of a pair of old trainers and you will keep falling over as you forget that your office shoes have tie up laces and not elasticated ones until you become the only person at work wearing black Loake Oxfords with fluorescent yellow LocLaces. You will get up at an unGodly hour to assemble with fellow addicts like warriors gathering for battle and for the next couple of hours drive your body to its extreme. With time, a Sprint, which at one time seemed daunting, will become a norm and looming in front of you will be the draw, the compulsion to compete in an Ironman which prior to this was undertaken only by those who are certifiably insane. But you will do all this with a wide grin on your face and a body that is bursting with energy"
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Haha. LOL.

That just about sums it up then!

Brilliant.
  • Awesome and truly sums it all up.
  • anitaanita Posts: 27
    ha ha lol lovin it. Could not have put it any better lol. My partner passed the bug onto me...... tried offering it to some of my family but they just look at me as if I am stupid lol.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Yes Anita - I get that a lot as well - that sort of 'are you deranged - you actually enjoy that' look when you enthuse about triathlon and - here is the killer - you then say to them 'you should have a go, you will love it' and then the panic really sets in.

I am really pleased for you, wish I had got the bug in 1986 and not 2006! But - I got the bug and that is the important thing - hoorah for us all.