Home Chat General Chat
Options

Running

sfullersfuller Posts: 628
Hello all,

I hope everybody is making the most of this awesome weather!

I have a couple of Q's for everybody.

My running sucks, no matter how hard I try I can't really seem to make an improvement so Im looking into my technique and want to try POSE running, does anyone know of any good coaches in London area and does anyone have any thoughts on POSE running?

Also, a Q about Newtons, do they make you run in a certain style or do you still have to work on technique too?

Thanks all

Comments

• Options
    moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    my running improved after reading 'Chi running' which I beleive is similar to POSE - it encourages you to mid foot land and to lean to increase speed - gone from 50mins 5k to 29 over 12 weeks and all achilles pain gone, also major jump after going on a run session with local club

re Newtons, don't have a pair but would love to, but if you're a hind foot stiker they're apparently a no-no as encourage mid/fore foot

good luck
  • Options
    hazohazo Posts: 18
    Hi

I'm a heal striker - so Newtons not an option for me.

I started running a couple of years ago. Was a bit of a porker.

First 10K was Feb last year - clocked 49mins.

Used 'Runners World' basic 10K training plan.

3 months later managed to clock 46min 10K.

Felt like I might have gone as far as I could - I'm bit of a late starter at nearly 40.

Got stuck into duathlons for the rest of the year.

Worked hard over winter on base - slow and long.

Went back to the 'Runners World' plan based my training around the sub 45min 10K plan.

Completly gobsmacked when I ran a 43min 10K in Oxford a couple of weeks ago.

For me it wasn't about a new shoe or different training plan (tempting route to take I know) - big change in training for me was learning to run a bit longer and a lot slower but also ensuring I worked much harder on my once a week speed session.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What is your training plan at the moment?

Do you use an HRM?

What do you want to achieve?

How often are you in the vicinity of Skipton?

So many questions...