Home Chat General Chat

Today I became a triathlete.

md6md6 Posts: 969
Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    congratulations and well done sounds like you did good - so what's next[:D]
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Hehe. Nice work MD6. Sounds like you had an eventful day, and a couple of lessons learned the hard way, but overall a good result and sounds like you enjoyed it. Well done dude.
  • MD, I'm so pleased for you - really well done! It's a shame a couple of things went wrong, most notably on the bike, but you're a triathlete so it doesn't matter!!! Well done again!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well done. Sounds like a great learning experience!! Good write up too - didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    well done....it's a good hill at CP as well!!!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    hey that's cool md6..well except for a wee bit of bother on the bikes but you made it and had fun! that's the best bit...great report...
  • SamRSamR Posts: 19
    Well done!

I also did Crystal Palace today and it was also my first triathlon....I agree about the race, i thought it was very well organised and everyone was really friendly. The bike and run through the park was very good...it is nice to not have to worry about cars. I was the same as you on the hill, people over took me but i got them back going down most of the time!

I completed it in 1.24.07. I beat my target time (1.30) so i'm pretty pleased. I did the swim in 14.31, Bike in around 42mins and run in about 24!!!

I would recommend Crystal Palace to anyone looking to do a sprint in the area. its wasn't too expensive either at £36(i think).

• I did Crystal Palace as well and agree with SamR it's always very well organised. I'm quite lucky [&:] 'cos my training ride normally involve Crystal Palace or Annerly Hill.

I'm happy with my 1:35. It was good training for Weymouth 70.3 next week!!!!

Annie
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Wow, so many of us there today, and such good swims too, SamR and CyclingAnnie congrats on the times, I've just looked for the official restult s but don't seem to be up yet. I was also aiming for 1:30 but just didn't bank on that hill... I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train I must hill train
    p.s Jack H I didn't know laugh cry, collapse on the floor and die - it was all much of a muchness tbh
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Congrats to all :d - I was going to do this event but was a bit far away - maybe next year ;)

• steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    well done !!!... why do we do it........coa we love it!! yeeeeeha see you in hell jonny
  • WoolyWooly Posts: 63
    congratulations guys, welcome to the mad house!
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Good Job MD6, there's no turning back now...
    well the results are in and the official result is that I finished in 1:41:04, which is slower than i thought (but not by much) Splits were:

Swim - 17:26 (327 fastest)

Bike - 58:16 (427 fastest)

Run - 25:21 (299 fastest)

Overall position 391 (of about 600 entrants or so)

The bike is where I really need to work, although with the saddle issues I think that I could have gone a little faster. That said, i was still way too slow there for my liking - the run was also slower than i wanted but the bike took more out of me than i wanted it was about 8:10 mile pace so 1min/mile slower than my 5k pace normally, which is not good enough, should have pushed harder. Well i have learned a lot from this and the next one will be much better.