Home Chat General Chat

chesire sprint!! HOT HOT HOT!

how did you do???? and what about the weather ??? any times and what did you think?[:D]

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    I work with a woman who came in the top ten. We're trying to persuade her she should start taking this triathlon lark seriously...

Congratulations to anyone who competed, it was very hot. Not Conehead Hawaii hot obviously, but by UK standards pretty roasting.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Yep it was certainly hot!!! I had a great time, wonderful atmosphere for my first tri and I was pleased with how I did for a first go. Plenty of room for improvement though.

A bit more (ie any) signage for those of us not coming from the direction of the M6 would have been welcome but the zen navigating technique worked in the end.

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    Cheshire results are posted.... mine are better than i had clocked so more than happy...

amazing how just 2-3 mins can make a massive difference on final positions...really do need that new bike..

...sure the winners must have been wearing fins..and a tie for 1st?...how do they sort that out?..

1 [color=#000080][color=#000080][font="times new roman"][color=#000080]5 [/color][/color][/color][/font]08:01:20 CHRIS JOYCE Male 23 D Sprint 00:06:06 00:34:03 00:17:55 00:58:04[left]2 [color=#000080][color=#000080][font="times new roman"][color=#000080]7 [/color][/color][/color][/font]08:02:00 Nick Riding Male 33 F Sprint 00:06:49 00:32:44 00:18:31 00:58:04[/left][left][size=1][/size] [/left][size=1][left][/size][size=1] [/left][/size]
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Fairly pleased with my end result of 1.22,35 but ended up doing 3k more than i should on the bike after going straight on at the last roundabout instead of turning right.Note to self don`t listen to the marshall but look at road signs.Boy it was very hot making the run hard work.

swim 12 mins

bike 46mins 56secs

run 23mins 13 secs
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    pip wrote:

Fairly pleased with my end result of 1.22,35 but ended up doing 3k more than i should on the bike after going straight on at the last roundabout instead of turning right.Note to self don`t listen to the marshall but look at road signs.Boy it was very hot making the run hard work.

swim 12 mins

bike 46mins 56secs

run 23mins 13 secs

I know someone who did exactly that last year. They do have an issue with that last roundabout, it needs more marshalls and signs really.
  • WhizzerWhizzer Posts: 2
    Finished in 1:13:46. Only my second ever triathlon and didnt think I was that quick so Im very pleased. Found the run very difficult, the heat just sapped all my energy by the end of the first lap. Big thanks to whoever was 253 who overtook me and unwittingly acted as my pacesetter for the rest of the run.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    I forgot to say thank you for all the advice and reassurance you guys gave me before Sunday and also to anyone I spoke to on the day - you were all really helpful and supportive.

The great, welcoming atmosphere has left my mum (acting as support in the absence of exam marking husband) mourning the lack of a pool close enough for her to train in. She has been inspired instead to do a walking half marathon. I think I'll have to mention duathlons to her!

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    also forgot a big thank you to the female marshall who was on the return part of the run leg...just as you came out of the shade into the blistering sun....i reckon she shouted everyones number out , gave loads of encouragment, even shouted when it was my last lap...top support!