Home Chat General Chat
Options

Cold, Flu, etc

No fever. To train or not to train? Coughing and breathing is alternating, so not sure how I am going to swim, maybe breath every other cough? Any suggestions - fight through it or stay on the sidelines for a week? Just finished base training for OD London Tri, so do not want to have to go back in my training plan.

Comments

• Options
    just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Thanks Conehead, strawberries and a couple of pints (of water) for breakfast it is!
  • Options
    gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I have hayfever and it kicks in mid May until the end of June, this makes my breathing really laboured during my training sessions, but I find that when I race the adrenalin kicks in and seems to take away the hayfever symptoms.

Just wondering if anyone else has this experience.
  • Options
    GGBGGB Posts: 482
    I get hayfever quite bad, am using flixonase (sp) and have been doing so for the last 18 months since getting sinusitus - unfortunately its reared its ugly head again and have flu like symptons at the moment - so no training today,, did do tri club swim session yesterday though.

• Options
    [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I was going to post a thread about hayfever today.

Has started as of this weekend with my first race Wednesday night, haven't trained yesterday and today as it's made me blocked up and sniffley.

Might have a light run and cycle tomorrow to try and clear it out for Wednesday night.