Home Chat General Chat

Richard Stannard is high speed crash

Crikey - get well soon Richard. Rather than cursing your bad luck, be thankful it wasn't worse.

Comments

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    blimey... what a shame and sounds very painful but also very lucky given the speed etc!!! He was only down at LL on Sat morning looking super fit!! Well, hope he gets better pdq...nasty nasty weekend/week for crashes it seems....

Be safe and extra vigilent on the roads everyone........
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Shit! Thats bad news, I've met Richard a few times at various races and he's a really nice guy and a FOOKIN fast swimmer too!! Windsor wont be the same without the fish this year......
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Hi all,

Don't know if you will have heard yet, but Richard Stannard was hit by a reckless driver over the weekend at about 50mph, he has a shattered wrist and cuts and bruises, and will probably not race again this year.

Thought anyone that was going to the Mazda tri to see him should know.

Also brings it back home that cycling on the open road is dangerous, so ensure you always wear your helmet !!

Cheers

[image]local://2805/A2C7B8157C6445EF980547D0ABDEBD14.jpg[/image]
  • goddamn dont know the guy but thats shockin'.

Starting some serious road sessions shortly and thats put the sh*ts up me.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Heal well & quickly Richard....nearly had a head on this morning..6.30am (who is in such a rush at that time?), was approaching a roundabout to take third exit so was positioning myself to the right of the lane when the dipstick right in front of me heading my way overtaking another oncoming car just off the roundabout, caused me to have to swerve left to avoid..cheers mate. No damage tho' apart from the shakes when I got to work.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Heard this morning that the person who hit Richard tried to get away but was caught.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Heard this morning that the person who hit Richard tried to get away but was caught.

What a tosser! & nice one who ever caught him!!

Get better soon!!