Home Chat General Chat

1st Race Sunday

On sunday i finally have my 1st race and can't wait to get out there a kick some arse. I can't believe how ready i feel i expected to get the feeling i should of done more but i don't.

Anyone else doing Braintree Sunday?

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I'm doing Braintree but wanted to wish you good luck with your first race!

Dont blow up in the swim! It is really hard not to use all your speed up in the first 20 seconds of the swim. Think control and swim like you do normally! Well give it some but not all straight away remember the ride and run are still to come!

Give it all and maje sure to make an offering to the triathlon gods!
  • teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    Thanks for the advice mate will remember that.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    first race of the season for me on sunday, too, but not braintree. like you, i'm really looking forward to putting some of the training into action!

teamspirit, are those ipswich cycling club colours? glad to see they match the mighty town.
    Yeah they are. You a town supporter.
    yeah, grew up in stowmarket so have that particular burden to bear.

rarely go back to suffolk now though, have make do with the occasional away match in the south west. do you bother with football?
    Yeah i love it been a season ticket holder at portman rd for about 12yrs. I also played for the town acadamy.
    i miss going to PR, i used to get 3 or 4 games a season when i had family and friends still in suffolk but i don't think i've been to a match there for 3 seasons now.

playing for the youth team must have been quite an experience, did you play with anyone who made it into the first team? i would love to have been anything other than rubbish at football but i enjoy playing.

never been much of an athlete but try to give full effort at whatever i'm turning out for.
    Yeah i played with Kieron Dyer, Darren Ambrose and Richard Wright.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What is this "football" of which you speak?
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    lol "football" Pfft!
    i stopped and now i'm doing a real sport lol
  • lee scottlee scott Posts: 2
    my first sprint also ,and my first race for my club born 2 tri so the pressure is on as all the coaches are there......looking foward to it,not an easy bike section though a few essex hills in there(well,bumps)good luck to you all
    teamspirit wrote:

i stopped and now i'm doing a real sport lol