Home Chat General Chat

Best VALUE cycle shorts please......

Hi folks

I'm in a bit of a mood because i haven't got any clean cycling shorts and i was planning a new bike route for this evening. Anyway......i need a few new pairs of shorts for training purposes.

After buying a wetsuit last week (unplanned spending) i am really strapped for cash. I don't want to buy crap, so where can i find the best VALUE cycling shorts?

Any help you can offer is gratefully received.

[:(]

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    How about if I give you some free ones mate.

That any good - unused but I've cut the tags off.

Oh and been washed once and shoved in the drawer for 6 months ( I always wash new kit before I wear them.)

Only 1 pair though , sorry but I need the others

Black Massi size large

Any good ?

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You could have washed them by now.

A quick swill through at a low temp and a spin.

They'll dry soon enough - and certainly no worse than if you were going from swim -> bike, so good practice.

I assume that Telford is still basking in the heat wave.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    @ my mate Ben

thanks mate, that's very kind of you, but i'm only little! I think large would be a little baggy! thank you for a kind offer.

@ JH

you're right jack, i have washed them and they're on the line as i type. I'm gonna go get them off the line and get on my bike when Sara gets back from Sainsburys!

I've looked on Wiggle and these seem pretty good, are they the best value option?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Earnley_Lycra_Cycling_Shorts/5360021258/

[image]local://2838/95650ACC92E147C1A565047790727E05.jpg[/image]
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    If you get them Gary, can you post us ladies a photo? [;)]
    Gary I have a red FSA pair I have just found.

They are a large but come up too small for me - your welcome to try them. Again unused and cost me a fair old whack so I'd rather they go to a good home ( I couldn't find them initially but I found them in the other bike kit box.

They are yours if you want them.

PM me your mobile number and I'll take a pic of them send it to you.

If you get them Gary, can you post us ladies a photo?

On problem Jess, here's a preview [:D]

[image]local://2838/0052BFFFEE354BE28389CD9C56B34FEB.jpg[/image]
    PM and pics sent mate
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Gary, just wear dirty ones.
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi Gary

I have the bib short version of the Dhbs and I reckon the bloody great for the money. Personally id rather buy a couple of pairs of these and only keep them 1 maybe 2 seasons then get some more when they start to get baggy and worn ive had £150 assos shorts before and they didnt last 4 times as long and werent 4 times as comfy.

Thats my opinion ....

Mat

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    it may be a little late, but i got some comfy shorts from Decathlon, which were cheap (£12 i think) and have been quite comfy. I don't think that they are available online though...
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i have a pair of the dhb earnley bike shorts and for the value they are great.
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    i have got 3 pairs of the dhb ones, and can strongly recommend them. they are great value.

on a ride of greater than 3-4 hours, you would prob want to spend a bit more money.
    thanks for the feedback chaps, i'll get myself some of the dhb's then (as pictured).........Ben Laws (aka willieverfinish) is very kindly sending me a pair too! :)

As for the ride, i did go and get the semi-dry tri-suit off the line and got on my bike, just got back from a swift 28k ride (average 20mph....which is good for me).......so pleased i went now.......[:D][:D][:D][:D]

There's absolutely nothing that compares to a damn good workout is there? I felt crappy before i went and great now!

I love training. I love training. I love training.
    Finbar Saunders wrote:
    No problem Jess, here's a preview

Fnarr Fnarr! I'm never going to trust your photos again, I can tell why you're in sales.
    No problem Jess, here's a preview

Fnarr!, Fnarr! I'll never trust your photos again. I can tell you're in sales!
  • jellybellyjellybelly Posts: 42
    As a skint MTB girly reluctantly moving from baggies to lycra (to go with sexy new bike) I picked up some bike short for 8 Euros in decathlon in France. I love 'em so much I've abandoned my undershorts and I'm wearing them for pretty much every ride I do - road or mountain. Ace!! Next time I go to France I will buy more!! (Dorset in probably nearer to Decathlon Cherbourg than any of its british stores, and still cheaper despite rubbish exchange rates)

Best shorts I ever bought!

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    jellybelly wrote:

As a skint MTB girly reluctantly moving from baggies to lycra (to go with sexy new bike) I picked up some bike short for 8 Euros in decathlon in France. I love 'em so much I've abandoned my undershorts and I'm wearing them for pretty much every ride I do - road or mountain. Ace!! Next time I go to France I will buy more!! (Dorset in probably nearer to Decathlon Cherbourg than any of its british stores, and still cheaper despite rubbish exchange rates)

Best shorts I ever bought!

There are a few Decathlons in the UK, there is certainly one in London - if you are ever here it's in Surrey Quays, and the shorts are great!
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    I was going to suggest Decathlon as well - there own brand stuff isn't bad, and really cheap.
  • + 1 endorsment for the dhb earnleys...

I have a pair of the bib ones and they are great!

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Earnley_Cycling_Bib_Shorts/5360024489/

[image]local://3320/FA568D09C7DA421F879348F6451D75DB.jpg[/image]
  • ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    if you needed any good value jerseys, wiggle did a jersery earlier in the year for 12.99, and i have got a couple of those which are also great value
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    try probikekit.com
  • rmbrmb Posts: 22
    yes the dhb one are good they even dry quite quick as i found out when i used them in my first race.