Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon romance....?

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    BexH wrote:

ORIGINAL: Jesster

It seems I am utterly irresistible to the over forties. quite why this is, i have no idea.

How true!

Let me tell you what is going on here, if I may.

Two things you need to know about the over 40s. 1) They still think they are 25, but 2) They now have confidence that they never had when they were 25 - money, career - all things that fuel the male ego and sense of self worth.

So, the 25 year olds are, no doubt, just as attracted to you as the over 40s. It's just that they are too scared of you to let you know [:)].

What you'll find, is that the only 25 year olds that are plucky enough, will probably turn out to be narcissistic sociopaths. But, as that describes most triathletes, your bound to strike it lucky soon.

There's a compliment in there somewhere. I think.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    God this thread is strange we've got love line triathlons traffic light love whatever next????? I just tend to ask about swimming and where to get stuff from.

Maybe Wiggle are missing out on a market triathlon dating???

This has got to be the strangest thread.

• Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    I wish I was utterly irrisistible to the over 40's!!!!!

I seem to have no problems attracting the over 60's or the under 20's. The over 60's for the reasons Jack has already identified I suppose and the under 20's because they obviously feel I will have all of the benefits of Coneheads Rookie training days!

And before you even think it - no! 20 year olds are NOT attractive to someone of 47, or should I say a female of 47 as it doesn't seem to work the the same way with men!

Aint no good when they're barely out of nappies.........
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    for what its worth i think all (alright, most) women are lovely.........no matter what age.

Females are the only thing more interesting than triathlon!
    How lovely to see that chivalry is not dead!

• pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    Our these the only races you are doing this year, as I will try and make the effort to come down . To help with the renovation if you don't think I am to old at 41 but according to a fitness test I did recently my heart and body are that of a 30 year old

Sounds like you have the scaffolding all ready sorted
    there nothing wrong with over 40 some of them are fitter and more youthfull than there younger counter part's .

Also we know how to treat a woman, as most of us have had some experience down the line
    I area with that one I can't think of two better things tri and females , but they both take a lot of effort and hard work to make it work or become good at

I can't think of two better things tri and females

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens?
    you can tell you are married no offence
    None taken. I thought it was going to be a whole lot worse [:)]
    Now I would disagree with Jack obviously being married. The 'less is more' romance is sooooooo appealing. Your wife is very lucky Jack!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    You do need to remember thast Jack is actually a large dog! If you look at his picture!
    there nothing wrong with the odd bit of romance as long as it with the right person and it's both ways.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    I'm reading a book at the moment about a girl who falls in love with a vampire and I really cant put it down!

The story has affected me so much that I am now on the lookout for a romantic yet dangerous vampire of my own, so if any of you guys fit the undead/breathtakingly handsome bill then please do look me up.

P.S The vampire in question was born in 1918, which definitely puts him in to the over-forties category [;)]

Got to admit I can look like the undead after a hard race or training section
    Its definitely both ways isn't it Jack?? See, we're both wagging our tails!!
    I don't get your last comment.

I recently went to spain on a 10 day trining camp and did a 120 miles on the bike in one day including two climbs of over 1,000 metre and climbed in total in the day over 10,000 feet 3 time higher than ben nevis . I was white as a sheet after and felt like the undead then . But did manage a 3 mile run after
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Jesster wrote:

I am now on the lookout for a romantic yet dangerous vampire of my own, so if any of you guys fit the undead/breathtakingly handsome bill then please do look me up.

P.S The vampire in question was born in 1918, which definitely puts him in to the over-forties category [;)]

That is f***ing hilarious Jess! Try Christchurch- plenty of nearly dead /totally dead types round here although breathtakingly handsome? Maybe 60 years ago.

@ Pacman, don't know what events I'm doing after Blenheim if I survive the swim / bike on Tri bike lol.
    I am sure you will survive, I am doing the club relays for certain in august and maybe bala , but looking for another race in the later part of the summer.

You should go to scarbourgh for the undead as it seem to attract load as dracular come from there or the writer does anyway
    OI woman, my uncle lives in Christchurch, less of the lip! lol

And pacman, i am on the lookout for a bona fide gorgeous vampire. Overly exerted mere mortal just will not cut the mustard!! sorry about that old chum.

Garlic, anyone?
    what so good about wanting to live for ever , and don't they disolve in sun light or have I watched to many films

any way like garlic to much to be a vampire , but I do like my steak rare thou

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    pacman2102 wrote:

I am sure you will survive, I am doing the club relays for certain in august and maybe bala , but looking for another race in the later part of the summer.

You should go to scarbourgh for the undead as it seem to attract load as dracular come from there or the writer does anyway

Almost,Try Whitby for the Dracula legend.Scarborough is just full of old people that look dead.
    and don't they disolve in sun light or have I watched to many films
    mmmmmm...... dont think she'd be all that bothered about what he was like in the daylight eh Jess!!! LMFAO!
    Sometimes it's the personality that counts not the looks so darker the better. I believe my friend calls them double baggers....
    so Bex....... are you going to tell us how the date went last night with the hot bod from Bournemouth??? Please say it was lousy so that I can have him. Although I suppose at 29 he may be a tad too young for me!

Spill all girl, I think we all need to know!
    He he, you are spilling all my secrets Cheryl!!! Hmm, well it seemed to go quite well- he is quite a hotty and the fact that he's into tri helps although I fear I could be lagging somewhat! We shall just have to see; early days and all! x
    OOH mate you had a date? I'm jealous!! Does he look anything like Chris from the other weekend? you know, the one Steph and Heidi were gagging for?! Do you have a photo you can send me? Lol Did you get a smooch?

Come on, tell all!!! [:D]
    That guy I was telling you about Jess who is a mate of someone at the tri club. Lighter hair than Chris- good bod though- think he's racing at OD and been doing it a few years. Shall have to see what happens eh? Any news at your end?! x P.S. Chris was a god; shame about the conversational skills lol- he couldnt handle the 'Bex chat' !!!
    Chris is listed as in a relationship on FB. So thats why he resisted my charms!! PS it was me he chose to dance with at the end tho, eh? HA!

Give me a ring later and tell me all about your new dude.....!