Home Chat General Chat

Running Shoe Size

PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
If its the first time buying a particular pair, I would get them in person, or at least from a site that has a free exchange or return policy. After you've had one pair, you can get the rest online but for running shoes, a half size can be the difference between loads of discomfort and only normal amounts of discomfort!

Comments

• PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    I need a new pair and may buy online for convenience - I've used New Balance in the past and the 220 Review of the new New Balance MR904s seems to target exactly what I'm looking for.

I hear there's a rule of thumb that you should always add half a shoe size over your normal shoes to your running shoes. I sometimes buy a half size up & sometimes don't.

Any advice?
    Thanks, not sure I'm near a stockist unfortunately.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    I agree with Danny's reply.The rule of thumb may have originated from ,feet expanding due to the heat of a long run,short distances up to 10k not really a problem,also do envisage running in them without socks,or replacing the standard insoles with other market bought ones,e.g.sorbothane.Also the manufacturers have a tendancy to change the lasts of some trainers when they update the model,so a comfy 2006 model may make an uncomfotable 2010 model.The quote'Try before you buy' could not be more apt.If you are keen on a particular make/model look up some of the runners websites,such as runners world and see the comparisons of similar trainers,which may be sold at a stockist nearer to you than the ones you originally thought of.
    Tanks, will do