Home Chat General Chat

The Blue Lagooners

Anyone else heard of or joined this club? It has just been set up and is based in Womersley (southern most part of north yorkshire) at a disused quarry which is now a blue lagoon (hence the name). Open water swims on saturday and sunday mornings followed by group rides. £30 to join the club and £3 per swim, I think. The website is not running yet but it is on facebook. I just thought I would post this info in case it is local for anyone, I don't think the open day was advertised all that well, I only heard about it when I got chatting to a bloke at the swimming pool. If anyone fancy's going along pm me and we can meet up.

Comments

• pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    I am a member of adwick tri club but live in hensall (so not far away) a few member of our club went to the open day , it is set up by a guy from wakefield tri club and left under a cloud from what I understand.

The water good but a little expensive as we have open water swimming for free and only have to pay when we pool swim
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Pacman, were do you do your ow swim, is it in the hatfield marina, I live in Sheffield and I am doing the hatfield tri in July
    no we train in a lake in a place called barnby dun every thursday evening and saturday morning and pool swim at adwick pool on mondays night

I am doing hatfield too it was my first tri last year, it a good swim and a long bike nearly 25k and 5 k off road park run

But a fast course last year somebody did the run just over 15 minutes and the winner is just over the hour
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Well I certainly won't be doing the run in 15mins, I can assure you of that !!
    I am aiming to go under 1.10 this year that would put me in the top 25 which is not bad for a old fart second year of tri