Home Chat General Chat

...And Didn't They Do Well!

Hi Guys,

Hope all went well for the London Triathlon. Managed to complete the Olympic distance in 2:56. Was happy with the swim but i think i could have done better on the bike and run...

Swim:32:35

Bike: 1:25:57

Run: 51:04

How did you all get on? What were your times?

Also, saw this on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIATHLON-LONDON-TRIATHLON-Fans-Triathletes-Board-Game_W0QQitemZ140015004276QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1180QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It should keep us all quiet until the next one.

Meado

Comments

• loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    Hi All,

Total 03:09:55

Swim - 00:37:44 - really pleased with this

T1 - 00:05:38 - could have been faster forgot my race belt and headed back for it

Bike - 01:24:34 - slower than I wanted but realistically what I expected given training etc

T2 - 00:02:17 - seemed to go okay

Run - 00:59:45 - exactly the time I planned and included a toliet break so can be bad...

Loonytoon

• BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Hi folks!

Times were:

Swim - 28:09

T1 - 03:06

Bike - 1:10:41

T2 - 2:03

Run - 51:45

Overall - 2hrs 35mins 43secs

Was well chuffed with all the times as I had expected to go round in about 3hrs+. Wasn't so happy about the effort headache later on or the clumps of skin that fell out of my trainers once I took them off [&:]
  • Well Done guys

I was hoping that there would be some coverage of the worlds largest triathlon on the TV but maybe just a few one liners on the news. Mondays Times didin't even mention it. Maybe there will be a recorded program later in the year.

So all that wetsuit training! How did 1500m feel in one go with no walls? Was if no wetsuit for all or jus thte elites? 5 minutes seems a lot for a non wetsuit T1?

David
  • loonytoonloonytoon Posts: 673
    It was just no wetsuits for the elites - everybody else was wetsuited up...no walls was cool because it ment not breaking rythym every 50m...
  • ChrisChris Posts: 17
    [quote]ORIGINAL: DOtriHarder

Well Done guys

I was hoping that there would be some coverage of the worlds largest triathlon on the TV but maybe just a few one liners on the news. Mondays Times didin't even mention it. Maybe there will be a recorded program later in the year.

It is going to be shown on Sunday 20th Aug i think i heard on the TV. But will prob only be the elite race. (similar to salford i would gather)
  • MeadoMeado Posts: 17
    From the London Triathlon website it says that BBC Coverage of Michelob ULTRA London Triathlon - 19th August between 13:05 - 14:15.

Hopefully they'll show a cross section of all the events and people taking part.

Did anyone see Batman and Robin on the sunday?!
  • Hi all,

Great event! My first Olympic distance and despite getting up at 3.30am I really enjoyed it.

Swim - 27m:36s

T1 - 2m:59s

Bike - 1h:10m:23s

T2 - 2m:54s (went down the wrong row - argh!)

Run - 41m:08s

Overall - 2h:24m:58s

I didn't really know what time to expect as my training has been a bit erratic recently, but I'm really pleased with the time.

Simon
  • Hi all

Swim - 31m 02s (v.v. pleased)

T1 - 4:39

Bike - 1:23:25 (1st lap: 38.37; 2nd lap: 44.48 - chain broke 500m from finish)

T2 - 2:15 (knackered from the run in)

Run - 53.24 (26.20 and 27.04 - on my chinstrap by that stage!)

Total - 2:54:44

Mike

p.s. apparently the Independent is doing a London Triathlon feature with all the sprint results from the Saturday on Saturday 12 August and all the Sunday results on Sunday 13 August (I guess they're spreading it over two days in order to get all the husband/wife, group of mates etc teams to buy both days!).

p.p.s Message for 220: Thanks v.much - the magazine is excellent and it covers events well, but please also do previews of races i.e. a 'London Triathlon' feature in the month before the event for the benefit of those racing. The article should give tips on the course, stories and photos from previous years, descriptions of the registration/transition etc - all this would be invaluable and could be repeated for all the main events (Blenheim, Windsor etc.). Anyone else agree?