Home› Chat› General Chat

I don't f**king believe it

Jumped out of bed this am with lots to do, not least a bit of a cycle and run. Nothing huge but I was up for it never the less.

Picked up my daughter and BANG.. POP... a bloody Inguinal Hernia.

Just what I've always wanted.

Please allow me to swear and scream and shout.... also will it put pay to my triathlon in Norwich coming up... I bloody well hope not.

ARGHHHHHHHH

FFFFFFFFF************CCCCCCCCCCCCCC*************

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Ouch, bad luck, sorry to hear that.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    that's really rough luck, willieverfinish, if these injuries continue then i think you might need to borrow gary's avatar!

crossed fingers and positive thoughts - i hope it eases out best it can and you make it to norwich. are you booked into see the doc or a physio at all?

i'm all for screaming and shouting and swearing, i'm sure they are medicially proven to aid a swift recovery.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Oh no, awful luck! I hope it isn't too severe and can heal quickly. Have you gone to the doc's yet or are you pretty sure its a case of letting it heal? Fingers crossed for Norwich.
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    WTF an inguinal hernia??????? Ive heard of duodenal- is it anywhere near there??
  • sh!t man thats not fair!!

Looks like youll be leading up the chug team with whoever else just got injured..

abdominal injuries are a nightmare because they pretty much stop all other training (..is there anything you can do with a mid section injury?)

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Ouchy! I hope you aren't resting a hand anywhere near the area!!! People might suspect you are up to something else! hee hee[:D]

Gutted for you though pal, especially with an event coming up. My initial thoughts are you are not going to be able to race, as pretty sure a quick surgery op is usually necessary. However, I am no clinician but the sooner you get checked out the better. Bloody hope it doesn't effect your season too much.

Wishing you a happy and speedy prognosis.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I don;t have a medical background, but googled it and fcuk, really feel for you. Best of luck with whatever is required to recitify it, and the recouperation.
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    edited for irrelevance!
  • dont want to put a downer on it but "willyoueverstart". bad joke but to hard to resist, sorry.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Update - I'm off to hospital.

Seen a mate who is a Doc in and A&E and he said it could be something else... like an abscess.

I'm now have a temp of 38.2 degrees so I'm hoping to nip it in the bud before I go septic.

And willieverstart - brilliant. You've got me laughing. [:D]

It's strange cos I know what they have to do to treat it and if I had the kit here I'd be pouring iodine all over myself right now.

St Georges Hospital is 15 miles away ( I get seen straight away there as I know al the nurses) shall I ride it ? ?

LOL

• PC_67PC_67 Posts: 196
    Good luck, hope it's only an illness - at least that'll heal quickly.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Be careful with the laughter, I'm sure that could do more damage.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Blimey, any more forumites going to get taken out by injury this month?! Hope I'm not next! Bad luck mate x
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    :(
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    God lord... you have been in the wars recently!!! Seriously tho mate, take care and get yourself better soon....you'll be back sooner than you think...just be careful!!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    All done.

I'm at my amb station now typing this... I used a work car to drive to A&E.

Booked in and had a consultant waiting for me. Happy days

History, examination, bloods, check of the crown jewels ( nice) swabs ( ouch), urine dipped etc etc... all done in 15 mins.

The lump is a lymph gland!! I have a viral infection. Not really bad but enough to put the stoppers on anythig tri related.

Stretching for me tonight, a load of meds and Conehead's theory of tons of fresh fruit and veg.

I'll be racing Norwich I hope.

Thanks for you kind words xx
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    whilst a lump in the lymph gland is not nice...it sounds better than the alternative.... oh you poor thing...you definitely are in the wares aren't you??

speedy recovery.....
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Mate - you're just not having any luck are you! Hope it sorts itself out v. soon.