Home Chat General Chat

ripon (black sheep) anyone

Is there anybody doing the ripon (black sheep tri) in july. I understand it's one of the best in the country as anyone done it before or planning on doing it.

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    It is a great,well organised tri,capable of producing fast times on a flat course.Try not to swim too close to the islands in the lake or you might end up eating silt as it gets very shallow,stay wide for a fast swim.
  • pacman2102pacman2102 Posts: 247
    what the bike like is it flat or hilly as that my week bit found weatherby hard
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    The bike is pretty flat,just a couple of small rises as you go to and from the A1,otherwise you should get a fast time.The run is flat,mainly road,but a small amount on gravel paths.Transition was in an area about 150m from the swim exit,but careful as there is alot of gravel on the road into out of the transition which could cause a puncture if your unlucky.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    I'm doing this one, really looking forward to it. According to the blurb on the website, the swim leg is suitable for beginners which us a good job as it'll be my first OD after the goodness shakes sprint on the 28th June. Only problem is the physio only just gave me the all clear for swimming, so I'll probably be the fella breast stroking the majority of the way.