Home Chat General Chat

Nutrition on Oly Distance

I was thinking of just having a Carb drink 500ml on the bike and water too. No gels or food.

What do you do?

Comments

• ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    dependent on how long you will be on bike, you will prob find that 500ml will suffice, you dont want too much swlling around for the run. i then have a gel about twenty mins before end of bike. think quite alot of people do this approach
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    My tried and tested formula is a strong 750ml carb drink during race (sp22 I think) and water if required on run.

Make sure you've got a decent brekky inside you and you are sufficiently hydrated 48hrs leading up to the race.

All this is fine and dandy but everyones requirements differ so I would get a nice 20mile TT with a 8km brick run and try out your method, if you start to bonk bad on the run you know you need to re-think.....

• johnashtonjohnashton Posts: 32
    I've tried a couple of different things like taking a spare bottel of water (500ml) as well as an energy drink (750ml) and then bashing an energy gel about 20 minutes from the end of the bike leg. In training I still take the water with me but the race I did the other day I did it with out and I was more than fine, but like the previous notes states I had been drinking loads of water the days before hand, and I had some bananna and oats about 3 hours before and then bashed another energy gel about 30 minutes before the race to pep me up.

I've heard that people take a couple of pro plus with their energy gel 30 minutes before teh race but I've not tried that yet.