Home Chat General Chat

Is it advisable to undertake two 70.3 races 28 days apart?

Hi

Just looking for some advice from you more experienced guys (and gals!).

I am thinking of doing a half ironman but can't decide which one between St Croix and Austria next year so I thought what the heck! do both!

Has anyone else done this? I have a few OD tri's under my belt but obviously I'm not an "elite" athlete but I am looking for the next challenge in combination with some chill out time.

Cheers

Neil

Comments

• Thanks for the reply Conehead - just one more piece of advice if you don't mind. What would you advise to do as recovery between the races? Thanks, Neil
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    What he said! Although, I'm not doing those two races! Hawaii 70.3 travel and accomodation would stretch the budget too far. And Bala looks too hard! [image]http://forum.220magazine.com/micons/m9.gif[/image]

Be interested to see 'The Masters' generic response! As it would largely depend on your physical ability to recover from races.
  • So would recovery be complete rest? or light runs or something? Sorry to sound like a village (idiot) but listening to more experienced guys always seems to pay better dividends than reading a load of books! Thanks, Neil
  • Sorry didn't see your reply Conehead ! Thanks once again - US Virgin Islands here I come!! Woo Hoo! Any recommendations on accomodation at all anyone?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:

As long as you recover properly - I did Hawaii last week and Bala next week.

I confidently predict that Bala will be colder than Hawaii - especially the water!

Do let us know how you get on with Bala, Conehead. Have you done it before? I'm considering it as my first ever middle distance race next year - it's quite near to me. I've heard that it's a tough one though, what with all those mountains, so part of me is thinking wussy and wanting to try an easier one first time out.

(Apologies to DP for hijacking your thread).
  • Ha ha! No problem Jules. Great pic - Those little fellas are great ! Simples.
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Trentham is a very good race!!! Flat and fast... I did 4:31 there last year but had a slow run for me as it was the hhottest day of the year lol

Conehead Ill see you at Bala!! Im really looking forward to it.... I rode the bike course a few months back in the pouring rain, never been so cold, so im hoping it wont be like that!

Well done for Hawaii :)

Vitruvian is also a good one, a little shorter than 'proper' Half IM but just as hard going as any.....and its a fast one too:) 4:31 again there... this year hoping for 4:15-4:20

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    ps forgot to mention.....

Im doing Bala middle, Dambuster, FGS SPrint and Cleveland Steelman Middle on consectutive weekends, then our RAF Sprint Champs 4 days after Cleveland:)

It would be easy to plan 2 70.3's 28 days apart.....