Home Chat General Chat
Options

Evans Open Evenings

Anyone been to any of the triathlon open evenings at Evans this week? I went to the one in Brum last night which was OK, but I didn't really learn a great deal other than Evans are now stocking some triathlon products.

Got to try a range of Powerbar products and they seemed to have a decent range of Orca wetsuits in, plus a guy from Orca was there to give a demo... unfortunately this was to the staff and not the half dozen punters who turned up.

They did have a Cervelo S3 kitted out with the Shimano Di2 electronic groupset which was interesting to see a demo of.

Comments

• Options
    MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    With the national coverage they've got it will be convenient if I'm ever in a town where I don't know any good LBS's are and need to rock in for some emergency gels or a pair of brake pads etc.

I can't see me shifting much of my business their way as you say, the personal touch offered by a good LBS goes a long way and drives loyalty.

That said, if it helps to increase the profile and accessibility of the sport then I don't see that as a bad thing.
  • Options
    willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    And Bridgetown are being kind enough to help me with my little hair brained idea... No way would Evans do that .