Home Chat General Chat

Barton Sprint this weekend

Just a reminder that you can still enter this sundays open water sprint at barton marina. entry closes on friday at midnight.

www.chaserace.co.uk for more details.

lets see the 200 buddies club and the guys off of the rookie weekends at least. you know it makes sense.

regards

simon

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    under the physio mate.......but i loved the barton swim, really nice and clean, i'll be there on the next one for sure.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I will be there...not sure I can convince anyone of my rookieness....altho my 'speed' thru the water may convince a few...
    So will you be pulling my wetsuit off me in true IM syleee? Don't worry we will have plenty of time everyone else will have left by then.
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Conehead wrote:

must be a genius whoever it was....

It is a thin line between genius and insanity.I Look forward to the hysterical laughter from you both as I flounder my way around the course.
    Is that flounder as in a tasty flat fish?
    Britspin wrote:

Is that flounder as in a tasty flat fish?

Sort of,or I may get harpooned by the Japanese whaling fleet before I get to the swim exit.
    So where are you coming from? What I mean really is how stupid early are you getting up?
    Britspin wrote:

So where are you coming from? What I mean really is how stupid early are you getting up?

Up at 4,two and a half hour drive,race,drive back for start of afternoon shift at work.

Or to answer the question, about stupid o'clock.
    Blimey...I booked the day orf meself.

Where you coming from?
    Grimsby.

Couldn't book the day off,no one to cover the shift.
    bugger..so I sall expect you to be soooopah fast to get back on time then!
    I don't know about being sooopah fast,I have factered in a large race time,to fit in with my shift start time,if it all goes SNAFU,I'll just bin it,rather than face the sack,it shouldn't happen though.

I have done worse,1.30am shift finish after 10 hour shift,couple of hours kip before setting off at 4.30 for a couple of hour drive to race then get back to work for a shift.Hoping the swim will wake me up.
    Dedication to the cause..you madman.
    Life has few pleasures these days,but racing makes me forget them all.......I look forward to watching you whupp those youngsters into their rightful place.Just look for the fat bloke in a green trisuit.[:D]
    I will be the bloke looking like he lost a tenner & found a fiver....only registered after wangling said day off & because I thought the sun might shine this year! Oh accompanied by a pained looking Lady Britspin who will probably be wearing most of her wardrobe after having to buy extra last year. In BRAT colors of course.
    I'll keep my eyes open,and the sun will shine,it will I tell you.Look forward to seeing you and your good lady.
    Cheers I will look on the register list....Jon E.
    Britspin wrote:

Cheers I will look on the register list....Jon E.

I try to keep a low profile,so the name on the list will not match my psuedonym,but you should have no problem finding me.
    Congratulations to all the Rookies that competed,in what could be said as slightly inclement conditions,I hope that none were put off by the conditions,inexperienced or regular sunday warrior were all hit by some vengeful Tri Gods today.