Home Chat General Chat

Bridgetown Cycles

GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
Not an advert but credit where credit is due - Bloody brilliant.

Mike and the team are fantastic.

Went in there today and it's like the Cheers of the bike world.

They know everything, have everything and bend over backwards to help you.

For the first time in my life i got a cup of tea in a bike shop.

Can't believe i was there for 2 hours! Probably what they said too.

If you ever get chance to go it's near Lichfield where the rookie days are or check out www.btownbikes.com

G

Comments

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Wicked.

I'm off there on Monday
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Have to agree - I spent a couple of hours in their yesterday discussing options for my new roadie. Got included in the tea round, everyone really friendly and they know their stuff.

Came away having to decide between an off the peg Trek, or a custom build on a Ridley frame which they will tailor according to how much I want to spend - Mike said if I rock up with my riding gear I can take it out for a spin for an hour to see how it rides before making my mind up.

Well worth the visit.
  • j27rtj27rt Posts: 102
    I agree, I phoned them with a question last week and they were so helpful, so much so I got a call back from the chap who used his own mobile as the shop phone was engaged and didn't want me to wait! Fantastic!

I haven't had the best of luck with LBS so I will be making the trip from Kent to there for servicing and the purchasing of a new bike.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    More love for Bridgtown Cycles....

....first visit i got a custom build helmet! (Mike tock the fly net insert out of a more expensive helmet and fitted in my less expensive helmet on my request, no questions asked).

....then we got chatting about bikes and triathlon stuff, half hour later i left feeling v.happy with my new helmet.

....next visit was for triathlon cycle shoes, aero bottle and stuff, got a discount off mike and he offered to have a look at my bike setup totally free of charge.

....back again with bike this time, he spent a good hour with me adjusting stuff - test ride - adjusting more stuff.....left feeling like a had a new bike :)

....they're a great bunch in there and more importantly they have a great approach to business (and their customers), THEY GIVE VALUE FIRST, with no obligations at all, they believe that if they offer great service you will be back when its new bike time, and i for one wouldn't dream of getting a new bike from anywhere else, i'd even pay more from Bridgtown as oppose to getting the same, but cheaper priced bike off the net.

• GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Ben, THink they are closed on a Monday!

Squishy i must have just missed you i think yesterday i got there about 1.45!

G
    I have an appointment on Monday to see Mike the main man thanks to the Conehead

He better have some rocket powered bikes or I'm right in trouble. [;)]
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Take a change of underpants, that's all I'm saying!
    I'll double myself up and I may wear pants on the outside too [:D]
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I bought my Argon 18 from Bridgetown....

Everytime I go in they are always asking how the racing is going etc, very friendly and they stock everything you could ever need:)

I now use them when my bikes need servicing and best of all I managed to get both my S-works Tarmac and my Argon 18 bikes serviced for 1/4 of the price Rourkes in Stoke where gona charge me. I completely trust these guys to get the bikes set up and serviced how I want!

Every other LBS I have used have left me re-adjusting gears, brake tension etc In fact the gears always come out in a worse state than when they go in!

Bloody Brilliant!!!!:)
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    goodness they'll be sick to death of us all I'm hoping to pop in before going up for my swimming lesson with Conehead[:D]
  • TechdojoTechdojo Posts: 1
    Just to throw my $0.02 in to the mix. I've joined the forum just so's I can post this (sorry if anyone thinks this is spam)...

I went to Bridgetown about three weeks ago looking for a new bike to ride to work and came out with a new Trek 7100 hybrid, all the guys (and gals) in there were incredibly friendly and really helpful.

Unfortunately I got run off by some ***** ******** **** **** *** ***** (insert your own expletives here) of a motorist on Monday who didn't even stop and the bike took a pasting, my wife (bless her cotton socks) took the bike down to Bridgetown that day (I forgot they didn't open Mondays) and as there was someone there, they took the bike in and are doing a stonking job of getting it (and me) back on the road asap - Ironically enough it was due to go in for it's first service this weekend as well - so I can be dammed sure when I get my bike back it's going to be in tip top condition (which is more than I can say for my knee ).

So if ANYONE is having ANY second thoughts about visiting and spending your hard earned in that place, don't give it another thought - get yourself over there - you WON'T regret it!

Now THAT's what I call customer service!

Jon Howard.
    (an extremely satisfied customer)
  • jrhunt78jrhunt78 Posts: 43
    So.......it looks like its better than Halfords then?

As a twice weekly user of the the where spped limits don't apply (just watch out for the unmarked BMW 5 series), coming northbound you can obviously see it from the road. Do you get off the junction before or after?
  • just2trijust2tri Posts: 198
    Got a custom build on a Ridley Damocles frame and LOVE it. Had several fiollow-up meetings and visits to adjust the bike for a perfect fit.

No doubt the best shop (not only bike shop) I have ever dealt with!
  • I would like to share with you all my experience at Bridge town cycles

Firstly I would like to add that I have spent a good few hundred pounds in this shop on bits and bob's, nutrition etc. and have always been underwhelmed by the staff their attitude and helpfulness (or lack of)

I purchased some valve extenders and some inner tubes recently before the Cow Man Milton Keynes and was assured these would do the job intended.

I was at home looking after my little ones whilst double checking all my kit and thought I would put the value extenders on to save time should I have a puncture. I soon found out that they were faulty and did not fit the inner tubes purchased with them. I phoned Bridgetown cycles and explained that they needed to replace the extenders as they were faulty. The following conversations ensued.

HAVE YOU GOT YOUR RECIPT?

Sorry no I have thrown it away, but I remember the guy who served me his name was Justin and I also purchased 2 water bottles at the same time Trek ones. On Thursday

CAN’T DO ANYTHING THEN.

And so on, and so on……………….

He told me I would have to purchase either new inner tubes (80mm) or new extenders, no amount of common sense or pleading with the idiot on the phone (Mitch) had any effect and he genuinely could not care less about my predicament.

I ended up going to Dave Cycles in Aldridge a few miles away and they couldn’t be more helpful, so my advice would be go to Dave cycles in Aldridge and avoid the kind of treatment I experienced at Bridgetown cycles

I know some people will say you should have kept your receipt, but come on how many people can put their hands on their receipt for the last inner tubes they purchased.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    So, you either bought the wrong valve extenders for your inner tubes, or the wrong inner tubes for your valve extenders then?
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Yup....seems like the mistakes on your part. Can't fault the shop for that...