Home Chat General Chat

Which Running shoes ?

GGBGGB Posts: 482
I am in need of some new running shoes for training runs and need your input if possible on which to get.

I am a neutral runner

I a mid/forefoot runner

I can't afford Newtons - budget up to £70 max

I am going to try some Fastwitch 3 shoes for race days - but need some new training shoes.

What would you reccomend ?

Comments

• TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    Its hard to say because despite the fact you say you are a neutral runner this does not mean you will suit every neutral shoe.

Also, there is a trend among the manufacturers involving their width/length ratio. I.e. often people will like a certain manufacturer because their foot fits the width of that shoe well.

So you will need to go and try some different ones on.

I have 2 pairs of saucony fastwitch 3s, one for training one for racing. Thats because I am such a forefoot runner that any shoe with too much padding in gives me calf ache, so I threw all my asics away.

If you like the sauconys and they fit you well, then they do some very decent lightweight training shoes, trident may be one of them, I can't remember, but go and try some on.

The best bit about saucony is that in my opinion they are the best value for money and best made of all the main brands.