Home Chat General Chat

Pre race dinner

Hi everyone

I'm racing the sprint at Blenheim on Sunday and was wondering what you guys would suggest for dinner on the saturday night. I was thinking your standard pasta, grilled chicken and maybe some veg but I'm hoping someone might have a better idea.

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.

Cheers

Comments

• nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    On the pasta route this is good.

Wholemeal pasta, cherry toms basil and tuna.

Boil the pasta and just mix everything in once cooked, add some pesto as well.

Low fat good carbs and tasty, also a couple of beers or maybe you should save that til the night. It's a good tri it was my first one and really great crowd.

• thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    What would you suggest for the day of the sprint please Conehead? Race is at 4pm
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    porridge for breakfast, soreen and a bannana for a snack, light lunch but with good level of carbs, pasta salad or something like that could be good.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    In the coronary ward?
  • First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    I can see what conhead is saying about the breakfast as in Jan i was staying at a hotel for the Gloucester Marathon and a member of the 100 marathon club came down for brekie and had the works and asked for more, I couldn't beleive it as i sat there with my muesili.

It dont work for me but each too their own.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    I quite genuinely would reccommend a single glass of red wine if possible - it helps get you to sleep especially if you haven't had any in a while!
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Yes I am aware that this flies in the face of the live like a monk rule!
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    Conehead wrote:

Honestly - morning of a race like a sprint I'd go for a full cooked breakfast, toast and a nice cuppa at least 3 hours before the race. Seriously, I'm not joking. I'd do that for OD as well.

As your race is at 4pm I'd still do the cooked breakfast then have a light lunch, tuna baked potatoe or something. With cheese.

When I was the nutritionist at Reading I introduced full cooked breakfasts morning of matches. Team finished 8th in Prem that year. I left at the end of that season and where are they now....??

ok...so conehead might know a bit about food etc despite being an ex crab i can concur...on P Company and the Commando Course (and i believe SAS selection) a full english is eaten daily, complete with porridge, toast, coffee and 10 malborough lite!