Home Chat General Chat

Tranny box @blenheim help!!!!!!

Im sure that unless you are backing an 18 wheeler into your area, a box will be fine. They are common at most races. Just be aware of space in your area as its quite annoying if people hog more than their share of transition. Good luck!

Comments

• starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi

Any chance someone could give me some very last minute help I'm doing blenheim tomorrow and with it pissing down i was gonna take a nice transition box with lid.

Qs will they let me have a tranny box at blenheim

if so are they very picky about the size

thanks

Time to get back to changing tyres and packing waterproofs .

Mat.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Thought I had logged onto the wrong site for a sec there.
  • hi

just come back from there as I'm racing tomorrow and wanted a sneaky peek. the transition area will be cramped as there are more races so I would suggest a box around 2ft/3ft length x 1ft wide, 1ft deep?? Anything bigger and you might struggle to it there with your bike unless your up for a couple of trips back to the car or have a spare pair of hands.

There is a foot bridge which you need to carry your bike/box over which is a little tricky if you have to much.

Hope that helps. :)
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Given the weather I'd also take lots of bin liners, I've just come back and everything is wet through..could even ring out my towel & I'd probably not even think about talc in your shoes as it's just too wet, unless of course tomorrow it stops!! Still it was an experience!! Enjoy....& good luck..

btw a small box will be fine!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    My last (first Tri) was a wet monster! I used Ikea bags. one with kit in and the other upside down on top! The blue bags also help you find your bike. All ther kit stayed as dry as adry thing in a very dry place! I mean dry! it onlu added 30 seconds over both T1 and T2
  • pippip Posts: 170
    Britspin wrote:

Thought I had logged onto the wrong site for a sec there.

So it wasn`t just me then[:D][:D]
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    You'll be allowed a box. Randomly, they have a rule stating no large bags, but I saw an Ikea bag! If you have a lid, great, if not, well I used a bin liner, just left bike & box without taking my shoes out or anything; too wet!