Home Chat General Chat

Foam rollers?

[toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
which make do you have. at my gym they have orange reebok ones that are alot softer and seem to go out of shape. they also have the white ones, which i have also got at home, that seem to keep shape much longer.

also have you got a metre one or half metre? with the bigger one, you could shift to use a different area!

even if you have to get a new one, i think a brilliant bit of kit!

Comments

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Had my foam roller for a good few months now and it's proved very usefull.

I've started to find that it's getting a lot softer in the middle than at each end obviously were it gets more use.

This makes it less effective when in use.

Has anyone else found this?

Are some makes better than others?

Do they need to be replaced regularly?

I've got a metre one, and it's blue, can't remember where I got it from in the end.

All but about 10cm on each end is soft now, it's a bit awkward just using the very edge.

May have to order another.

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    The blue ones are usually 'memory foam' & hold shape longer..but like us all, age & wear & tear gets us in the end.
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    The follers in the gym are going squidgy too (I must politely ask them to replace them).

I have this one at home and you can really tell the difference between worn and shiny new

http://www.physiosupplies.com/acatalog/Foam_Roller_15cm_x_45cm.html
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    wasn't trying to be clever - that of course should have been "Rollers" not "Follers" [;)]
    So I found out I got my foam roller off eBay from physiosupplies.

The inner tube has become seperated from the outer, making it lose it's shape.

Emailed them on monday to tell them it must be faulty and a new one has turned up today!

Big up physiosupplies!