Home Chat General Chat

Garmin forerunner 50

Put in on your right wrist then the buttons won't get pressed by your wrist flexing

I've got one and it's fine thanks

Comments

• bunongbunong Posts: 49
    I'd just like to say don't buy one.

It's my first HRM and I have been using it for about 9 months. It does all the technical stuff really well including downloading the data etc... HOWEVER it seems that on every hard run or bike -today was a classic, left home at 10:00 rain p###ing down so I had to be in all my wet weather gear - the watch decides to stop the stopwatch all on its own. 2 1/2hours later I pour myself off the bike and into the garage to see that all that effort and the bloody thing stopped recording 7mins 30secs into the ride - how pi##ed off am I... It did the same a few weeks ago when we were in South Devon. I went on some really tough runs (zone 4-5 type hills). I wanted to down load and check my HR and nothing bar 10 mins at the very beginning.

If I could afford to bin it and buy a different one I would, but I can't, so I am going to have to carry on getting annoyed. As I said earlier in this rant the watch works well; if you don't touch it. The problem is the start/stop button is very sensitive and is exactly where your cuffs or bent wrist are. Any contact from cuff or wrist to button and it stops - how poor is that; didn't they test it in cold or wet weather[:@][:@][:@][:@]

DON'T BUY ONE... you have been warned
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    Mines been great too.

G
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Slightly off topic but do Garmin have good back up and are they user friendly as I might buy a Garmin stat nav
  • bunongbunong Posts: 49
    Watches on the rigfht wist feel really wierd, BUT I guess I have no choice... Hopefully after a few goes it may feel okay. Thanks for the tip, so simple I don't know why I didn't think of it[&:]