Home Chat General Chat

Blenheim rollcall

BexHBexH Posts: 226
Think someone else started this a while ago but can't find it- I'm on Saturday at 12.40 and coming back Sunday to watch so would be nice to know if and when any of you lot are racing so I can cheer you on if I recognise you!

Comments

• Hi BexH

I'm there saturday for a look around as I'm racing in the sprint at 1pm on sunday. Hopefully the rain will hold off for both days but I can see it being a little wet sometime!
  • PlumbudPlumbud Posts: 9
    Hi BexH

I'll be there on Saturday, racing at 1:40.

Looks like its going to be a complete washout weather wise!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Wanna wish everyone good luck! If I didn't have a Half IM trhis Sunday, and an IM this season I wouldn't definitely be doing this event.

It's my favourite sprint course because it's one of the toughest going!

My boss is doing it as his first tri so look for a stocky Irish man limping around!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I'm racing at 13.40 on Saturday. Weather has changed from 'sunny intervals' to 'heavy rain'! Hopefully it'll change back again...

Not sure how we'd recognise each other - without a t-shirt or an avatar I'll be anonymous. Could be that I'll just look like a ginger drowned rat!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    You should've got your forum buddies tee shirt! Invented for just this reason by the great Gary Roberts
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi all

I'm going off Sunday @12:00 I will be wearing my Banana Army Tshirt with the 220 buddies banner across the bottom as long as i dont burn it when i try and iron it on.

Bring on the sun and the hills.....

Mat

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    might be spectating...not sure yet.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    yep there Sat at 1h40 number 2429...& working Sunday too and will cheer you all on, but prob good idea to give your number so that it's easier to spot everyone!! Good luck though to all...can't wait!! [:D]
    oh & i'll be wearing my infamous 220 Forum T-shirt!![:D][:D]
  • jasejase Posts: 47
    I'm first off on Saturday 10am in the supersprint

Come along early and shout "Come on Jase" really loudly - You'll tell its me cus I'll be the one waving back as I haven;t got a t-shirt

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    2pm sunday! and of course will be in this years designer of year garment by Mr G. Roberts
  • PlumbudPlumbud Posts: 9
    My number is 2403. I'll be wearing a black Orca tri suit (along with few hundred others i'm sure!)

Getting nervous now
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Best of luck to you all!!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I'm racing. Can't remember what time now. I'll be there to watch the elites in the morning - too bad Stannard can't make it. Still it'll be interesting to see if anyone can give Stu Hayes a race. Maybe Jonathan Brownlee? He certainly has the genes anyway.
  • adamjadamj Posts: 7
    I'll be there...1140hrs on sunday. The nerves are starting already... Just working out my race plan, and looking at the weather i thought i may save some time in transition by wearing the wetsuit all the away round...weather looks a touch damp!! Good luck all
    I'm soothing my nerves with wine!

Good luck to one and all. I'll look out for the t-shirts.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Well I didn't get to wear my tshirt on Saturday because it was too damn cold and wet! Which made the whole triathlon experience interesting; about the only time it didn't rain was during the swim when I wouldn't have cared!!! So I have brought back a lot of Blenheim mud attached to my bike/clothes/car etc.

Went back today to watch a mate from the tri club do her sprint and managed some forum t-shirt exposure in between the rainy patches; saw Clarkey before his swim as he started after my mate and watched him whizz past on the bike/run in good style. There were an awful lot of people there though so didn't spot anyone else although have an inkling that I recognised joolzd in a wetsuit as I legged it down to the lake late for my start time! Arriving late for the swim was a good idea as it gave me no time to panic whilst waiting; just joined the queue as last few got into the lake and had about 2 minutes to get my bearings. I'd recommend it to nervous types ha ha.
    Well done Bex...didn't see you despite looking out for the smile on your leg.. but then didn't see much yesterday, the rain got in the way and just wanted to finish as quick as possible!! Hope you had a good result...I had to get off my bike on the first hill and fix my blooming wheel AGAIN, then my chain came off...think bike is going to the knackers yard soon[:o]...!!

Was there today too at the Transition, working..cheering everyone through and making sure everyone got to run out in the right direction and not go with helmets still on...it's amazing how people run/bike in the wrong direction, sit down, take wetsuits off, check hair.....must be the adrenelin affecting the brain!![:)] [:)] Saw Clarkey too and his mate, think they did a good time, well done all who completed today and yesterday...another great event, despite yesterday's waterlog weather!![:D]
    joolzd, are you with Oxford Tri? I ended up on the Gatorade stand yesterday, shouting GATORADE!! at the punters.
    Hi Juleso....nope I'm not with Oxford Tri or any club, but there were lots of helpers from there from that club!! I had a blast though in Tranistion and loved the day - caught the sun too - amazingly.

Also checked out the results and did 1h40m27 came 231 out of 855 ladies which given last year I was in the bottom numbers I'm pretty damn pleased with myself - haven't seen category results yet! How did you get on?
    I didn't do a smiley as can't be arsed with that stuff at the moment! Life is complicated enough believe me without added complications of other halves ha ha. I think I came 32nd in my wave and 12th in age group which I'm damned chuffed with- my swim time was good but as usual the run was slow. Oh well! I think there were lots of people doing the super sprint just to raise money for charity etc though as it was the shortest distance so prob lots of slow people! A good result for you joolzd! Well done x
    I know the feeling Bex....no smilies on my leg for quite some time at the moment - still I enjoyed the sights though...[;)] Gosh, sounds like you did well too - 12th in your age group is really good!! [:)]
    I know- my mate who came to watch was like 'Bex, there are SO many hot men here!!!!' I didn't notice until after I had finished and relaxed a bit ha ha! The personal trainer I was meant to go out with this week has just found out his ex is pregnant; that is a stereotypical example of my luck with the opposite sex- think I will have to leave that well alone.....!
    hmmm... I think it might be best!! Ah well...all good things come to those who wait...well that's what I reckon!! However a little push every now and again does of course help!![:)]