Home Chat General Chat

Skins or 2XU? - During activity or just recovery?

[toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
I've been considering some compression tights recently and wondered if anyone favoured one over the other?

Does anyone have experience with using both?

Was considering 3/4 length or would full tights be better?

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    2XU for me. This missus has some Skins - build quality not as good. 2XU have been lasting well. They get a hammering on the rowing machine and the bike. Have been washed numerous times, still OK. I have the cheaper (50 dernier) ones. I got a size smaller (S rather than M) for that extra comp. goodness.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    can't comment on Skins or 2XU but to add to the confusion I use linebreak and in my opinion are great definite difference with wearing or not - only downside changed shape so much since buying that I need the smaller size now[8D]
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I wear Linebreak most nights (they're my 'magic pyjamas') and after any long event for 3-4 days solid (under my work trews). They definitely make a difference over nothing. Can't comment on other makes, when I was going to get a pair of compression leggings they were considerably cheaper than skins and 2xu.

Ade

• [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Do you generally wear you compression tights during activity or afterwards for recovery?
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 140
    I wear the compression tights after activity rather than during, although I have run in them in past.

My cycle shorts (Giordana Tenax) have good compression, as does my tri-suit and I run in addidas Techfit shorts (under baggies).

I found that having the tights clean to wear after is more beneficial than wearing them during but then having to take them off for washing. Definitely notice mornings I haven't worn the magic pyjamas.

For example finish Beaver tri Sat afternoon, leggings on, drive home. Shower, leggings back on. Sleep in leggings. Wear leggings under normal trousers all Sunday. Sleep in leggings. Monday at work - leggings under work trousers. etc. Good job I have 2 pairs :)

Ade
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I have both 2XU and Skins, and I feel that the 2XU are slightly more comfortable, I have the 70denier for the extra compression, I find that if you wear the Skins for long periods of time the yellow stitching begins to irritate.

I run in both sets, but mainly use them for recovery after events also, they do make a huge difference.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hi, I dont know if anyone is still looking but I just got sent a promo code for Skins stuff from www.lansonrunning.com . To get 15% off just use the promo code SKINS at checkout.
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    I have the 2XU 50dennier shorts, and use these for running in, as the only item of wear, compression helps with muscle vibration, and keep everything from moving about, then for recovery the full length leg tights. They do help.
  • TommiTriTommiTri Posts: 879
    I use my 2XU tights during hard run sessions, especially when its a little cool!

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    If it's not too hot, and I am feeling fragile, I will wear them for running and cycling. But the main use is afterwards.

During the winter I had them on under my work clothes. I was nice and warm standing around at the train station platform at 6am in the morning. Generally though, tend to wear them through til the next morning after a race.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I decided to get the 2XU tights in the end.

I was getting really tight quads after my runs even after lots of stretching and foam rollering so I thought I'd give these a go.

They've helped loads!
  • 2XU rock

Can't flat them and better than skins
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    willieverfinish wrote:
    2XU rock

Can't flat them
    Good tip, likely to melt of you try to iron them