Home Chat General Chat

TRIUK hire wetsuits

BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
Hey all.

I was in TRIUK on Saturday buying a tri suit when I spotted the wetsiuts and well found myself wanting to buy my first one!

After a chat with the guy in the shop it appears that the hire suits are a great deal at £90 a season and if you want to you can just keep it with no extra cost! This seems to good to be true. So 1. Are they any good (they feel abit cheap to my untrained touch)

2. Is that actually worht doing

3. Should i spend more and get a better?/Different type?

I have taken a fancy to the Foor quantum range! cheapest £169.

Help need please??!!!!!

Comments

• starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hi Baz

I have a Foor quantum 1 that I hired last season and kept forr £100 I think its an ok suit havent had much experience in swimming wetsuits have got several diving surfing and wakeboarding ones though.

It is very bouyant in the legs to help keep you flat in the water which you will either love or hate personally im not a great swimmer so i like it but my friend who swims mile upon mile for fun reckons he would lose power hence use more energy having his legs so high.

Also i found the TRIuk staff were really good.

IMHO i'd go for it but thats just me......

Mat

• BmanBman Posts: 442
    baz, i had a foor quantum which was an ex demo from TriUK. Loved it as my first and couldnt fault the TriUK guys. Good service. Go for it!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    This is the suit they are hiring now not sure if its the same one as last season?

[image]http://triuk.com/web/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Hire_Wetsuit__Fo_4977741f57cc7.jpg[/image]
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    but unless your pushing 20mins for 1500m as long as its a tri specific wetsuit you'll be fine.

[/quote]

Is this possible, do they use a time machine to go as quick as that..... oh I can only dream
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Baz - I have the TriUK one on hire - but the one I received was the one they sell in the shop for £169 (the one with the white piping) ... Shhhhh don't tell anyone though ;) - I think its a great wetsuit - though I have no other comparisons as its my first one.

• u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    Baz,

I hired the TriUK suit posted in the picture one month ago for the season.

I am new to triathlons and can't compare to other suits on the market but for the price you pay for it you can't go wrong.

I've swam in it a few times, once at a 50 minute training session at the pool - where I am ranked above average in speed but definitely not the fastest in our group. I can tell you that with the suit I was faster than the fastest swimmer throughout the entire workout! Which means that the flexibility must be ok.

I used it in my first (and only to date) sprint tri and felt good with it.

It was delivered 24 hours after I ordered it.

It does give excellent buoyancy to the legs as mentioned above, which has its benefits.

Still haven't decided if to keep it at the end of the season, but for £25 + additional shipping fees I can't fault it.

• teamspiritteamspirit Posts: 148
    How long should a good wet suit last.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Team spirit - I asked the same question in the shop at the weekend and got this in reply

1. It depends on how you look after it.

2. A good wetsuit could last you 8 years and a bad one 2 seasons.

3. It depends on how much you spend on it.

So I asked how long will that hire suit last (while pointing at the suit)

He siad about 5 years if you treat it nice!

Then I pointed at the £169 suit and he said if you treat that nice it will give 7- years of bliss.

I take from that, A good expensive suit looked after well will lastt arounbd 7 tears and a cheap 5.

It was all abit like the guy in the shop loved his wetsuits!!!!
  • u_j_2001u_j_2001 Posts: 47
    Baz, Temspirit - I will surprise you both:

I actually called the Foor rep and asked the same question about the HQ1 (Quantom that TRI UK are hiring) and he said it will last 2-3 years...

While I was at it I also asked why I can't find any information online about the suit and how is it so cheap compared to the others?

The reason no info is available is that it is a unique model for TRIUK - it is actually based on the Quantom1 wetsuit.

It's cheap because they order in bulk, true to 1 month ago they already manufactured/sold 3,000 of them and probably will manufacture more as the season progresses.

He was a very honest sales guy! Don't see many of those around