Home Chat General Chat

I spent 6 hours in my car today......

I have just driven 3 hours each way to a place that I can only describe as a cycling Meca.

I want to make things clear from the outset - I have not received any monies for writing this. I swear I am not on commission.

Bridgetown cycles - what a place!!

Ram packed with everything from kiddie bikes and kit, tyres, tubes, lube, cleaning stuff, helmets, clothing, accessories all the way to the real top end stuff worth thousands. ( I kept touching stuff like a pervert)

I was bloody amazed at how nice Mike was. He opened up his shop for me, gave me a cuppa and I felt welcome and not a burden. This man has obviously made it his mission statement to be welcoming and friendly from the outset.

With cuppa in hand, we chatted for 15 mins and he told me a bit about himself and how he came to have this frankly brilliant business. He is passionate about what he does and by god does it show.

Makes my LBS look tired, boring, makes my LBS staff look disinterested and arrogant.

He told me what he was able to offer TEAM LAWS and by christ was I impressed. There is no way this man would do anything but advise on the best kit for you as an individual. Yes if you wanted to spend £6000 on a bike then he can accommodate that but equally if you wanted a winter hack or a training bike or any bike to suit both your budget and your level of experience then I swear to god you won't find a better place than this.

He sized me up correctly and pointed out the problem I would have with my current bike being slightly the wrong size before I even told him the problems I was having!!! He really knows what he's doing.

He has pulled all the stops out and I shall soon be the proud owner of a custom built carbon bike that I shall rack up the miles on over the summer. He then told me to bring my Allez Elite in and he'd sort that out for me - just cos he can. Nothing more complex than a passion for doing this correctly and professionally.

In the winter I shall be returning the bike for a custom TEAM LAWS re spray and some morew goodies.

I know it has been said before and I hate to bleat on - seriously it's worth the trip to see this man and his team. The will not sell you bikes and kit you don't need.

I felt at home straight away and If I do say so myself - I am a fairly good judge of character.

Bridgetown Cycles has changed the way I see LBS. So, Mike, if you read this, your one of life's real gents, Ewan will bloody love the Burley too. ( Olivia has already been in it)

Thank you so much and I shall e mail you soon ( I have made my mind up already about your proposal)

Oh, the Conehead was there too, the man , the legend. Good to see you again mate.

What a day!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Wow, sounds great..where is this Superstore? The reason I ask is I have a good friend who works for Mavic.. and I might be able to pull some more favours in?[:)]
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Cannock, staffordshire, 3 mins off the M6 toll.

• pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    just checked my work diary...i have erm...an urgent meeting in cannock that i must attend asap..erm honest guv
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    okey doke..will mention it tomorrow, see what I can do...!!
    Conehead - it's al hooked up last night!!! It's different and you can certainly feel the weight but it's not unmanageable - though I don't fancy doing Boxhill with it... it will certainly make me a stronger rider.

I'll be back up there in a few weeks to get some kit and get my bike the once over.

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Sounds brilliant! Next time I'm on the M6 (visiting mum in North Wales), I'm definitely popping in.

Great to hear Team Laws progress is being made. Any possibility you could post some pictures Ben? And any news on the Meru justgiving?

MERU is now live ( just giving website has crashed so I can't upload the photo I want) but it's receiving donations now.

I can post some photo's yes...give me a few days and I'll stick some up.

Cheers Flavadave