Home Chat General Chat

OT - Favourite Comedian

Comedy show rather than comedians for me would be The Inbetweeners - hilarious!!

Comments

• Just curious, who do you guys like at the moment?

Ricky Gervais is cracking me up

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    If its just for laughs then Family Guy works for me!
  • hahaha

"do you put the balls in too?"

"can do yeah"

• tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    Inbetweeners and Gervais both awesome. Micheal McIntyre is doing pretty well at the moment too!
  • Cheryl6162Cheryl6162 Posts: 356
    hahaha

"do you put the balls in too?"

"can do yeah"

Some birds like it.....!

Saw a car sticker the other day with 'Run to the Clunge' on it! I supposed someone who is really active 'that way' could be a clungathlete....
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i'm enjoying mark watson and rhod gilbert at the moment. i saw ian moore last year in bath and he was excellent.

i also really like shappi korsandi and paul sinha when they are on the radio.
  • anyone remember Hale and Pace?
    Yeah, great comedians!

• both jimmmy car and michal macintyre did there warm up gigs before their tours near me they were really funny even though they hadnt lernt there gags yet!!

luv rhod gilbert too
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Gordon Brown,Alistair Darling,that French idiot Sarkozy,they all crack me up.

But on the lighter side Bill Murray.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    comanighttrain wrote:

anyone remember Hale and Pace?

I remember them....showing my age here. They one sketch which had "two little boys" and they showing you how to peel a banana...

One skin

Two skin

Three skin

What comes next Jonnie??????

I remember being buckled with laughter at it as I was only pubescent teenager at the time....

Those guys were funny.
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Paddy McGuinness for me, seen him in concert a couple of times now....he has even managed to incorporate "The Greggs" into his act, and throws pasties to the crowd. Of course if I had caught one I would have thrown it back, such fatty food.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Michael Mcintyre because he has so much energy and is always smiling

Megan Mulally who plays Karen Walker in Will and Grace is simply THE funniest person who has been on telly EVER. Everything she does cracks me up, shes really very clever.
  • they aren't really current but

Bill Hicks

or Eddie Izzard - I just like the randomness

Saw the new Red Dwarf - it just wasn't the same... either I or the world has moved on the in last 15 years...

Scotty

• BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Nice to see some OT stuff... we can all do with some down-time. We should petition the mods to create 'Lounge' forum so it doesn't get in the way of the serious tri-related bullshit.

Anyway... being slightly musically inclined I'm voting for Bill Bailey. The man is a genius.

My daughter has singing lessons and sometimes asks me to play music for her to sing to.... it usually doesn't take long before Bill Bailey pollutes my head and I end up doing cockney versions of her songs. She hates it but it keeps me giggling all day.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Too many to choose from:

The one who I most enjoyed, live, recently was Dara O'Brien. He is very clever, has a strong science element (e..g attacks on quack medicine), and very hard working (on for hours with no support and a short interval). He is also very funny - much better live than on the telly.

The "Michael Macintyre on Tour" progamme was the best thing that's been on for ages recently - yes - it had Rhod Gilbert, Mark Watson - and also a very good Candian one line merchant - who was very funny. Well worth the licence fee.

Hale and Pace were crap - coincided with the "Alternative Comedy" scene. But couldn't hack it there.
    Jimmy Carr is excellent live