Home Chat General Chat

Windsor Sprint anyone?

Just back off holiday and getting back up to speed trawling through the posts from last week. Seems like last weekends tri's were a bit wet eh?

Anyway, was wondering if anyone was doing Windsor sprint next Sunday? Think I go off at about 6:05am or something stupid like that.

Failing that any OD's? I'll be hanging around in my forum t-shirt so do say hello if you spot me or Red Kev.

Comments

• BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Dave

I am not doing it but is open water? I have not wet suit so maybe next year if the wife is generous for my b'day!

Good luck. and give red Kev a pat for me!
  • I'm doing the Olympic distance, my first one.

Start at 6.28am.

Hope the weather is better than last weekend!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I'll be flailing my way upstream (hopefully behind someone really fast) at 7:25am on Sunday for the OD. Maybe see you there.
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    I'm also off at 7.25. Best of luck to everyone.

If anyone is registering around midday Saturday, there's a few of us forum types going for a coffee afterwards.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    With hindsight I wish I'd signed up for the OD now. Oh well, best learn to walk before I can run eh?

Should be registering about 2pm I reckon... The wife has got me painting the bedroom in the morning, should loosen up the shoulders.

Good luck all. Will be sticking around after my sprint to cheer on the rest!
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I bet the river is nice and swollen now!! Does anyone know why the starts are so early? Im not a morning person. Dunno if its to clear the roads of windsor before midday or what?
  • I'm in doing the OD, I think my start is around 7.20am..

I'm really excited/nervous in equal amounts.. will I beat the tough target I have set myself???

I'll be at registration at 12pm with Jon & Clarkey on Saturday

I'll be in/around the town for the run from about 9.20-9.30am.. you should be able to recognise me from the pink hair...

• JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Just stopped off at the start line to see what the river is like. It's hardly flowing at present!!
  • mumu Posts: 24
    I'm doing the Olympic start at 7.45. I'm nervous. Not feeling confident at all. I've got a target of 2hrs 40min, but not sure I can do it. I'll give it a good crack though.

Weather looks like it might be okay.

See everyone taking part, bright and early on Sunday.[:D][:D]

Have a good race!
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Hi all,

Good luck on Sunday, I'll be there to support you all - if i can find somewhere to park that is! if not will be there for the elites (first train 7.20!)