Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    completely forgot to post on here, so here goes:

Sunday: Sprint Tri at Crystal Palace, swim 750m (17 mins), Bike 20k (58mins, had some trouble with my saddle dropping and i think i did an extra lap) run 5k (25mins) not great but at least i know where to focus the majority of the training on the bike.

Tuesday: 40min swim, mix of drills and 800m flat out

Thursday: 40 mins core/upper body strength training, 5mins spin bike flat out, 5 mins cross trainer, 30 min swim

Friday: cycle commute 17 miles total

Saturday: Brick, 35 mins hill reps on bike (8 climbs) then 4mile run 32 mins

Sunday: 8 mile run (untimed), 30 min swim drills.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    only did 2 x 1 hour bike rides for the whole of last week...following the sprint tri last week couldn't seem to get my head engaged at all plus lots of social....however now feel cr*p and going to kick start again today and have booked more events to aim for...
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    18mile commute to work (loving the single speed) then 5k fartlek and core work. 18 mile commute home.. Injuries begone!
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    received my new runners today - Asics Culumus 11 - did a 7.5k to test them out and knocked 30 secs of my PB - didn't aim to do that but they felt great :D

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    GGB I've always stated that good Kit makes a difference

Well done on the PB

Today I mostly did a brutal intervl session on the turbo

15 mins of structured warm-up followed by 10 x 1 minute on / 1 minute off

1 minute on meaning fast as possible in the knowledge that there's 10 to do

1 minute off s mobile recovery ie spinning the legs

the scores were....

1. 51.7, 2. 51.0, 3. 52.2, 4. 51.5, 5. 51.3, 6. 51.0, 7. 50.9, 8. 50.4, 9. 50.8, 10. 50.7 all in kMh

The average is 51.15kMh

Kids don't try this at home unless your parents are present

• gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I won't try this at home unless I have a fire extinguisher for the Turbo wheel..
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

Sunday's 40 miler turned out at 56. Swim session last night - 8 x 200m in times between 3.10 (start) and 3.30 (end) off 40 seconds recovery(ish)

Duathlon tonight.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    SFA[:-]
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    took a rest day yesterday after sunday's race but back on the bike for commuting to work (12mi, 39mins).

i'll give my blistered feet a couple more days before venturing out on a run.
    Just a quick 10k on the bike and 5k on the treadmill at the work gym
  • pataallenpataallen Posts: 94
    Got out of bed at 0600 to go on a nice 20k spin, felt like sh!t, sore throat, cough etc, promptly got back in bed for another hr!
    Yesterday out for a 13m mile hack around on the mtb...

Out of bed this morning at 6am also to do a quick 5k run before kids woke up...
    Good night tonight. I went to the local tri cubs' TT.

Tonight it was a 2-up on a hilly 17ish kM circuit. Prtners were drawn from a hat.

My partner and I won in 27.20, which is apparently is a very fast time.

I aim to do this course twice round on Thursday

ps for those who are interested; Benny contacted me , he's alive and well but very busy working and training and wishes us all the best!

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Free fall 10,000ft today - well kind off.

If you get the chance you must give this a go.

www.airkix.com

Bloody brilliant fun......... and they have a ski slope there.... and a bar.. what more does a man need ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd6CIxA9h0E

Look at the speed at which the pro's drop back down at!!!! Serioulsy hard and very very very cool thing to watch. The video doesn't do it justice. What he does there is mega fecking hard believe me.

massively tall cylinder there ( look how long he's gone for)- wind speed 160+mph

Make no mistake it's really really hard - just to stay flat and suspended 3 ft above the metal grid... they take that away when they do it so there is another 60ft drop where the fans are... what a day :)

20k TT ride (on my own not a race lol ) - just went for it...a few small hills slowed me down, but overall a good training ride - must do more hill work.

1000m swim last night (though broken up into 10 length chunks as my swimming is rubbish), 18 mile commute this morning followed by 5k fartlek and core work... return leg of commute tonight.
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Oh joy! The lane next to me was packed out with the local beach lifeguards wearing the teeniest tiniest red speedos imaginable. If only they were over forty i might be in with a chance.....[8|]

Despite this distraction, did 2k in a very competent time and spent the rest of the session gliiiiiiiiiiiding up and down, really aware of my reach (and rolling that kiddle barrel everyone was on about last week, learn soooo much from this blessed forum!) lovely!

Nice 5km run this morning - felt ok but a little heavy legged for some reason.

Didn't warm up properly so that might be why.

On nights tonight so a 20 mile cycle in and then a 16 mile trip home at 6am. Love it.

I assume you take a different route home, and don't have some mystical teleportation device to cover the other 4 miles.
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Managed 1500m swimming yesterday in nearly 28mins - only the second time I have come in under 30mins [:)]. Then did 500m of drills, catch-up and fist (stop smirking).

I have invested in a kickboard and a pullbuoy. Could someone point me in the direction of some drills using both please?

60mins on the turbo in the evening - really enjoyed it for the first time in ages. My new half-price shoes got tested. Fantastic. Lola's gears are slipping around though.

Day off today, tomorrow will be swimming and 12km run. Brick on Friday, sea-swim at the weekend.

blurredgirl
    Yep, different route home - I do an extra 4 mile as I avoid a lethal road which is known for fatal accidents and depending on how tired I am after a nights work - can add a long long 2.5 mile hill into the end of the ride.

The fact I will have been up for 23 hours by the time I finish work I think I'll favour the shorter route home.

not much since the weekend, so monday - nothing, tuesday I did my cycle commute (17 miles total) today cycle commute, and i will look to get into the pool for an hour or so tonight 1,000m timed then some drills...

That airkix thing look s great fun!
    Wednesday means long distnce Turbo day.

60kM 82 minutes 36 seconds thats an average of 43.6kMh (pb is 45kMh!)

TFL strikes royally b*gg*r*d up any kind of pattern this week, so... the third day of 18 mile commute this morning couldn't face another brick so just stretching and core work. Return leg of commute tonight... via a trip to the bupa bike fit physio bod [8D] may brick after tonight's ride as it's rest day tomorrow

pass the ReGo...

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Wahoo, day off training today.

Did my first tri last night, so might have a quick jog or a short spin on the bike later tonight.
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Good 27k hilly bike yesterday. 5k run just below race pace this morn - 21.02. Pretty pleased with that.

60 mins weights and stretching routine last nite.....20 km bike ride tonight...
    Went to Reading for lake swim tonight - did a total of about 3000m

Started off with a 300m warm up - then a 2400m swim in 45 mins ... felt great and could have done more - then 300m cool down.

I seriously love this open water swimming :D

2 laps of the local hilly TT circuit.

Lap 1 : 27.47

Lap 2 : wait for it .... 55.36

Exactly even splits and a pb by 28 seconds. I must admit the final downhill stretch was an "eyeballs out" "I can do this if I push myself to the limit" effort, and I was barley able to cycle downhill to home

yesterday was the usual 17mile bike commute, 30 min run at lunchtime - about 3.8 miles but the battery died on the garmin so not certain... then 1,500m swim in the grand old time of 38'02. Not too bad for my first time at that distance, but i did notice that last 400m was very difficult and i had slowed down quite a bit by then, plus loosing form. Back to do some more 200m drills tomorrow.

Rest day today