Home Chat General Chat

QCR 2010

Anyone fancy entering Quelle Challenge Roth in 2010? (IM distance if anyone doesn't know)

If we can get a minimum of 10 entries put together we get the entry fee at reduced rate.

Entry fee for 2010 is the same as 2009...... €300

Im doing it regardless, just thought I would ask......

Entry opens on 16th July 2009 at 12:00.....

Comments

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Yeh thats cool... should be good if we get a few members doing it....

It is supposed to be an awesome race without the 'IM' branding hype that surrounds it.

ooo Hawaii again eh? Id love to qualify for Hawaii IM, thats my aim for 2011 I think....

Roth will be my first at the distance, then ill decide whether to try and qualify from an IM later in the year/2011, for the 2011 Worlds there...

I think im upto to cracking 10 hours....on paper anyway.... and thats allowing 35-40 mins for any unforeseen circumstances....

Going off last years qualifiers that would qualify me as one of the last ones to qualify as approx 5 guys qualified with over 10hours in age group....

Be interesting to see the Race review....
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Or if your totally loaded bid for one of the IM charity places on the annual E bay auction,winning bid probably goes into 5 figures,and if you win you still have to complete a qualifying distance race.Or win a place via the IM lottery.So many choices.
    Likewise, I enter every year,as it the only possibility of entering until I get into the 80-85 age group.

In the late eighties one of the vodka companies ran an 'Is it your dream' competition,one of the winners got to do the IM race in Hawaii,he got the coaches,gear etc,he had just seen it on tv and thought what a good idea that would be,I am not too sure of the outcome though.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    I could be very much into doing this. After sunday, I'll let you know more, since that is my first 70.3 race. But in principle, would be a dream to do.

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    50 non US places in the IM lottery. How many thousand entries are they drawing them from do you think?!
    Jules wrote:

50 non US places in the IM lottery. How many thousand entries are they drawing them from do you think?!

I think that there was 2 or maybe 3 GBR winners this year,but the lottery is heavily influenced towards N.America.Abit like the Baseball World series.
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Ok, after surviving the UK 70.3, and feeling fine for 95% of it... I'm in. Everything I've read about this race looks spectacular, and with another year to get ready I'm sure I could manage a mind boggling 12hrs of continuous exercise.

Apparently the registration doesn't sell out that fast? What were you planning on for the "team registration"?