Home Chat General Chat

Bike talk

Which BIKE do you use for your triathlon / time trial events I'm thinking of buying one of the specialized transition anyone got one whats your verdict on the bike

Comments

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Cervelo P3C Corima aero wheels Vittoria clinchers, full Campagnolo Record groupset, Selle Italia saddle, FSA basebars, Profile aero(tri)bars.

Its great!

Buy a Cervelo S1 (Soloist team) or S2 (Soloist carbon)

1. Only bike that can be genuinely be converted between true road and Tri geometry - by flipping the seatpost - so arobars actually work on it

2. Aero tubing

3.Excellent quality

4 you have 2 bikes for the price of 1

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Transitions are excellent:)

If your thinking of getting one of those you will not be disappointed!!!!!

I thought about one but opted instead for my Argon 18.... not gona be many of them in transition areas I can tell you that!

With the Transitions, even the comp is an excellent bike, I had a 2007 comp as my first Tri Bike, although it was made of aluminium then and not the carbon it is now, it was excellent.....

I ride a Tarmac S-works as my training bike and it is top notch too....You can not go wrong with a specialized in my opinion:)
  • hey my bikes a Specialized!!
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I'm sacred of coming on the rookie day now with my specialized!

What's with the hate?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    It's not the bike it's the rider [;)]

I was 24th out of 127 on the bike leg at Northwich on Sunday, riding a £600 Trek 1.5, with no modifications at all except for aerobars. There were lots of nice bikes in transition too (yes there were half a dozen or so fat people on mountain bikes as well).

Not that I'd say no to a Specialized Transition.
  • Where can i get one of these Argon 18's. Ive had a look and i can only find the frameset. How much are we talking?