Home Chat General Chat

Best 24 hours

Had a great 24 hours

Tuesday -Landed up in London and decided to celebrate my 101 yr old great uncles end of life and booked myself a session with Mr Kiddle at Blue seventy OW - my first expereince of OW and had anticipated something of a nightmare but no absolutely great, loved every minute of it why does anyone want to swim in a pool? OK visibility nil but wasn't nearly as cold as anticipated, the learning to sight was great as started off tripling my distance due to the wandereing around technique I started with, having Kiddle pull toes, splash past and give a feel of being swum over was also fine just kept front crawl going, not having to sort of stop for a wall made me feel far more relaxed, postively hypnotic- didn't really want to get out at end[:D] This from someone who looks terified in her pool pictures from the Try a Tri 5 weeks ago! Spent entire drive upto Birmingham grnning like a Cheshire cat [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Wednesday morning - Bridgtown bicycles as Mike was going to sort out my ever descending seat - took him an hour and he sorted out my position and all I payed for were the parts - will most definitely be back to have the bike fully serviced at end of year regardless of 6 hour round trip

Wednesday afternoon - Stockport for a swimming lesson with the legend that is Conehead - great explanations of the drills that will help - yes they did 5 secs off 50m time - so looks like the windmill crawl may be declining[;)] and I may not be a complete embarressment in the water with some decent practice.

Thanks to all 3 guys now driving family mad bouncing around about what a great 24hours I've had[:D][:D]

Comments

• rmbrmb Posts: 22
    sounds like a full and energetic 24hours
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I just love this post... it reminds me why I keep doing this. Hope you have many more super-days, Moonshine
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Fantastic! Must get myself up to the Blue Seventy Lake. Can I ask how much that session set you back?

blurredgirl
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Sounds better than my last 24 hours which has been tarnished by the realisation that I am getting a cold, just in time for Windsor. Darn you triathlon gods.

Good work though Moonshine, great to hear things are going so well!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Blurredgirl wrote:

Fantastic! Must get myself up to the Blue Seventy Lake. Can I ask how much that session set you back?

blurredgirl

1-2-1 £45

group sessin £25

but if you happy going along and swimming with no training £5 - good hot showers for after and all very friendly
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Flavadave, Im with you on that one, together with a strained shoulder and hip flexor. Im sure Ive been tapering, how does this all happen just before a big race?