Home Chat General Chat

new bike

I have used a Bianchi for 10 years and have had no problems,but go for fit above all else,comfort and transfer of power,get one that you enjoy ridding,not one that you want to enjoy riding.

Comments

• ok i am a student and have saved loads of money this year in prepartion for next year but as i am going to get my loan next year i want to spend the money on a new bike...

basically i have about 1200 pounds to spend and need some advice i dont know weather to go tt or road but if i do go road then it will probably be either bianci or cube as that is what the local tri shop stocks and they give me money off!!

any advice with these brands would be much apreciated cheers

clare

oh yeh it can be a mens bike it does not need to be women spacific!
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I've got a Bianchi Via Nirone and I love it! I'm a lady and it's probably designed for men but it suits me really well.

You can get a good deal if you look around - mine was £560 sparkly new from ebay - that would leave you loads of money left over for other new lovely things!

juleso

• BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    I'm another Bianchi girl - but agree with jon.E - get a proper fitting done and choose the bike that feels right. I had that done with my Bianchi and it fits like a glove. One advantage here - just to point out - was that the 2008 Via Nirone had a slightly shorter-than-usual stem, which can work well for us girls.

Femal-specific = big rip-off/gap in the market - whichever.....go for the bike that fits the best.

Celeste is addictive though.

blurredgirl
  • cheers for the advice guys... still am torn between a few
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Assuming the fit is perfect on a number of bikes,at the same price range,think warranty,ease of getting hold of the bike seller in case something needs sorting.And if you buy a Bianchi,like other Italian bikes you get a bicycle with a soul,not some souless taiwanese carbon machine that has to be given a name.No one likes to admit it,but a true cyclist will own an Italian bike at some stage,unlike cars from Italy,they work properly.