Home Chat General Chat

Good Luck and don't freak out

JulesJules Posts: 987
Good luck one and all, hope the weather holds and you have a great time!

Comments

• JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    Cheers for this Conehead, was starting to get quite stressed out lastnight and this morning trying to ensure that all my kit was together and ready before heading off for the last day's work.

Probably won't help my nerves at the start causing heart failure before i've even got wet but will try to follow your (as always) excellent advice.

J
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    good luck guys, I'm in awe of you all
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Good luck racers. Have an excellent time. You're all going to love the distance afterwards!!! [:)]
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Thanks Conehead!

I just keep hoping my race goes something like the guys who did Weymouthe last weekend.

I'm just debating what to do for a swim this lunch which will be the end of my taper. I was thinking of something like 200m warmup, 400m various drills, 200m cooldown to just keep it easy. I've got one hour til the pool opens for the lunchtime session... any fishies who care to advise, imput is appreciated!
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Keep the distance down and the effort high (I did 200m w/u, 200m pull, 100m b/s, 100m kick and some deep water start drills last night) - no use burning all that glycogen you have loaded into the system! When you get out make sure you eat carbs to top off the tanks....

I would recommend missing today though and doing a little tomorrow otherwise your body will go OMG what has happened on Sunday am!

Good luck everyone - see you on the other side....OMG why did I enter this.....

Iain (#766 - UK HIM)
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    good luck kids...can't wait for race reports [:D]
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Nice to read this.

Good luck guys.[;)]

See you next year!
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Yeah, good luck, and also hope to be in your shoes this time next year!