Home Chat General Chat

You know your day at work will be interesting when...

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
the person you 'phone to sort out for tomorrows appointments via the PCT for weight loss, says they are ready to start now their anti phsychotic drugs side effects have settled down...

Comments

• MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    if you've not posted in the next 24 hours we'll send a search party out for you Britspin!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You'll be fine.

They're far more likely to be a danger to themselves than anyone else!

And you'll be doing a far lot more for them than a bit of weight loss/fitness.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    It's the ones who haven't taken their meds that can be interesting, and that includes the rest of the Great British Public.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    And he's back.

What a joy, a lovely person with clinical depression issues who needs to lose some weight is all. Convinced them that this is where they should be & will start to sort out a schedule next week. I do love a challenge..week 1 148kg...plenty to lose.

Incentive to keep this person away from diabetes (borderline at the moment), help them take less medication if possible ( lower BP etc) & help mental issues.

How lucky we are...
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Sounds like worthwhile and rewarding employment Britspin. Better than pushing paper round a desk like me!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Britspin wrote:

Incentive to keep this person away from diabetes (borderline at the moment), help them take less medication if possible ( lower BP etc) & help mental issues.

How lucky we are...

And how lucky we are as a society to have people like you Britspin. Top geezer.

Maybe your client could learn to like Soreen?

:-)

didds

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Maybe your client could learn to like Soreen?
    I think that would more likely be one of the side effects they were struggling to get over [:)]
  • TrisurferTrisurfer Posts: 228

After 6am pre-work training to be greeted by 4 concrete trucks and a wheel barrow and shovel. before swimming intervals at 6pm.

Back took couple of days to recover!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Britspin.. this is easy to solve. Simply organise a patient's triathlon. Somthing dead-easy... say 25m swim, 100m bike, 50m run and let them loose! They'll finish it, get hooked like the rest of us, then within 12 months will be bike-obsessed, lycra wearing, 15 hours hard-core training per week rubber-clad normal people. Just like us lot!

I'm sure that's how GaryRoberts started and look how he's turned out.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Hey maybe we are all Britspins patients only we've repressed it - would certainly explain our strange collective behaviour!