Home Chat General Chat

Triathlon Shopping Holiday

Stu, I would highly recommend shimano TR50 shoes for the bike. Even as a relative newbie, they are easy to get on pre-attached to the bike and uber comfy. Also like the look of specialized trivent shoes.

Comments

• fatstufatstu Posts: 46
    Cheers Bman

I've got my eye on the TR50's already.

Should have been more specific with my post I think... I forgot to say I'm really looking for shops I can visit which are near the places I am going to.
    I live in an overseas triathlon wilderness so get most of my stuff from the ever brilliant Wiggle, but there's some stuff you want to try on so when I'm back for a wedding next month I need to do some serious tri shopping. I'm going to be in Hertfordshire, London, Upton Worcestershire (for the Triathlon) and maybe Birmingham.

I want to buy an Orca Trisuit, some tri bike shoes and maybe some tri running shoes I can wear without socks.

Any suggestions greatfully received
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Tri 1st In Birmingham, got my tri suit from there

http://www.tri-1st.co.uk
    Cheers MrSquishy

Had seen their website so had my eye on a trip there. Decent shop then?
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    It's pretty good yeah, I got some good advice when I first went in as a complete newbie. I believe it's run by a member of BRAT (Birmingham tri club) and fellow forumite Britspin hangs out there from time to time.
    Brilliant. A forum legend in person. I take it he'll be in a corner munching Soreen, derailing threads from a laptop...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    That'll be me...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Saturday afternoons generally...but can be there by appointment on other days.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Whereabouts in London?

If you have the time, try and get out to windsor (not that far out) and go to SBR sports. In the Windsor shop they are extremely helpful, and I spent a good deal of time in there trying on wetsuits, etc. I can't vouch for the Fulham store as I've not been there myself - just don't go online (this is based on experiences from another thread, I'm not Britspin trying to derail this one under a different name).

JB
    Thanks JB. I had scrubbed SBR after seeing some less than great reports on the forum but will go to the Windsor store.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Surely you have to make the pilgrimage to Bridgetown Cycles?
    Sounds like a good idea. Wonder if I'll spot a lesser spotted Conehead...
  • clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    Dude get yourself into the Windsor SBR shop, completely different to the on-line problems, you can spend hours in there! Usually sort you out when spending money too....
    Cheers Clarkey

Could be an expensive trip. The WAT officer has her first sprint tri while we're over so I'm feeling the fear of all kinds of upgrades for her...